This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ac 8000 series

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 14familyfarms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ac 8000 series
    Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 8:31am
we have been looking at get a bigger tractor and on vacation we just so happened to be by summerix imp in that state up north ( sorry from ohio )  and we looked at 2 8070 fwa and a 8050 fwa and a 8010 or 8030 cant remember for sure.   i have green tractors(2 4020&4430) now but green requires a lot of green and for the age price and size these look pretty good  they are powereshift which is what my deeres are easy for wife to drive  anything to watch out for, common problems with wear? any info helpful
Sponsored Links

Pete from IL View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete from IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 8:37am
The 8000 series tractors were good tractors. The 8010 has the small motor (301), the rest have the 426 motor.  The 8010 seems to be underpowered. The only trouble I've had with my 8070 is the injection pump and a blown head gasket. The blown head gasket was my fault-lugging the tractor trying to pull too big of a field cultivator. Keep the loads lighter and you should be fine.      Pete
Dave in il View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 8:18pm
SO? Did you get one? An 8050 or 8070 powershift with front wheel assist would have been such a step up from a 4430. 
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 8:27pm

I would hope he made up his mind in 17 months.

Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic