This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC 720 -Simplicity 9020 Ark Loader Brantly Backhoe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Pup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC 720 -Simplicity 9020 Ark Loader Brantly Backhoe
    Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 7:30am
New user here. Picked this up a few weeks ago.  Brother to the AC 720 with loader and backhoe.

Everything works , had to put the bucket in the truckbed as the 12 foot trailer was too short to hold it. I am/was a Wheel Horse guy so this is a new one. Purchased from the second owner, original labels shown. Onan Engine at full throttle sounds good , no smoke at all.

It was sold by the owners son who knew nothing at all about it .

I drove it around , jacked it up fully and dug a hole, all the rods look clean and straight. All the pistons seemed smooth.

Hoses need attention for sure but then again no rust when its covered in oil.

Paid $2500 for it.

Here are a few pics .....comments welcome

Sponsored Links

Lost Pup View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Pup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 7:31am
Our yard has many size tree stumps to clear. Kids have been hitting them for years while mowing keeping me busy with deck repairs.

I started with one of the smaller stumps needing attention. Cleared a nice circle, scraping all of the surface roots away from the area so grass will have a chance later. Stumped finally popped up free just fine. No problems to report.

One thing I noticed was the flip over seat was way too low. A spacer or riser block of some type is needed to raise that seat. Its a replacement Cub seat with a DIY flip over hinge to run the backhoe. I will have to research the factory seat to compare. I tried kneeling but gave up on that. I guess the PO was a bit shorter than me as the seat forward/rear adjuster was removed. Moving on to larger stumps tomorrow.

Score so far Brantly Backhoe 1 , Small Tree Stump 0.

Here are a few pics .....comments always welcome.

Lost Pup View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Pup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 7:32am
A second effort to remove another stump in the yard.

I was a bit more aggressive using the weight of the tractor to dig and scrape downward a bit more, trying clearly to curl the bucket teeth against the roots as I found them. Worked well and I moved quite a bit faster with the 4 plus 2 controls getting familiar. I have kept the throttle at lower setting on the scale between idle and 1/2. Just keep curling and crunching roots in somewhat of a circle around the stump and them you can see the whole stump loosen and wiggle a bit as you proceed.

You can see the flip-over seat and just how close it is to the ground here.

Tractor has two separate subframes, the upper for the Ark 9000 Loader and a second from the mid of the tractor to the rear for the Brantly 603 backhoe. Subframes are very stout and thick steel. Very snug and secure , no rattles or movenet when using them.  

The bucket is the 13" size as shown.  

Here are a few pics .....comments welcome

mnoonan-NEWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnoonan-NEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 10:09am
I wish I wish I had a back hoe like that for my 720!!
AC CA, Ferguson TO-20, Ford NAA, M-M BG, AC #3 Mower, SC Plow, PH Digger, AC 720's with Ark 700 loader & Brantly Backhoe, "Mini B" w/flathead Ford V8
den/southern illinoi View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote den/southern illinoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 2:52pm
Here's a picture of my 720 with Ark loader and Brantly backhoe.
As you may be able to tell, I do not use it as we have a mid size
track hoe and there is no need to tear up this unit.  As for the
price...I think you
stole it.  Good find...pretty rare combo.  Den

Here it is with two more of my 7  720s.

Own 5 720 garden tractors with associated equipment,1 620 garden tractor, 4 wheel 20
2-5015, 5020 and associated equipment and 2 electric forklifts.
coggonobrien View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 9:38am
looks like somebody loved spray paint :) good luck with the unit.  There's a few of us around with that series of tractor and varying degree's of knowledge.  You should always be able to find help here.
David
EricPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 9:55am
Den, the sickle mower on the 720's do they run off a mule drive from the front of tractor? Been contemplating trying to fabricate one on my 5020.
Thanks, Eric

Edited by EricPA - 25 Feb 2016 at 9:56am
Life is tough,but it's tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne
den/southern illinoi View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote den/southern illinoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 12:16pm
Yes, the sickle mower runs off the same mule drive as for the mower
deck.  Takes a longer belt as the driven pulley on the sickle mower is
larger.  Den

Own 5 720 garden tractors with associated equipment,1 620 garden tractor, 4 wheel 20
2-5015, 5020 and associated equipment and 2 electric forklifts.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by mnoonan-NEWI mnoonan-NEWI wrote:

I wish I wish I had a back hoe like that for my 720!!

X-2

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 3:58pm
X-3!!
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic