This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC 7030

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC 7030
    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 5:44am
So Ive been quite loyal to our breed of choice, but when it comes to the maroon on my ‘30 there’s no way I can keep such a “primer” looking color. I’ll also confess my WD’s are PO#2 also but the C is still all original #1. Hope I don’t get ousted as a non purist lol. How many of y’all dislike that maroon? Thanks, Dana
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
Sponsored Links

AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 6:03am
I got a maroon 77’ 7040 PS. I thought the same when I first got it. But as time goes & I appreciate more about its AC legacy, I guess it grew on me. Now I embrace it.

I see many a maroon painted black. Some look decent, but many have lost black revealing the maroon underneath. I think the degreasing efforts on engine & drivetrain would be a challenge for paint to properly stick??
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 7:06am
When the black starts falling off they look worse than original. Yep with me the maroon has grown on me...... tooks years though.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Steve Bright View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Bright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 7:48am
The Maroon is OK if you repaint and make in Shine, Other wise the dull faded Maroon is aweful
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 8:06am
Never been a fan of the maroon.  When I was shopping for a 7000 series, I didn't know anything about Allis tractors newer than the 100's.  The first one I saw I thought was primer!  Hahahaha
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 8:11am
when repainted with automotive paint, the maroon look great! It gives these series of tractors a unique look! There's pics of my 7040 on my FB page, but I'm not smart enough to load pics here lol!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 8:49am
I gotta admit it grew on me , and I do like the color- although I was at an auction years ago and heard many comments that Allis didnt even finish painting them and left them primered, is there any stories on why they chose this color ? Ive heard they went this route cause Dave Scotts wife or girlfriend liked it and thats why, dont know any truth to it at all

Edited by DougG - 19 Mar 2020 at 8:50am
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 9:05am
Heres a previous forum discussion about the initial maroon color choice.
https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/why-maroon-belly_topic128444.html
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 9:09am
My biggest problem isn't so much that the color itself is ugly.  And you can see it is a finished look and not "Just" primer.  No, my biggest problem is that it does NOT go with Orange!  The 2 look terrible next to each other!  Like blue socks and brown pants.
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 9:10am
Heres a link to forum’s previous discussion on Ed’s 7040. It contains a few pictures of his maroon beauty.
https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/goto-7040-with-280-hp-on-the-dyno_topic153594.html
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 5:37pm
AC’s clean sheet tractor slogan, “1973 - The Orange Age Begins,” marked its investment into the computer age. This video link shows how the 7030/7050 rear end castings were being computer machined at the factory. I believe you see a stripped down 7050 intercooled 426engine/powerdirectortrans/rear end/axles/rear insideweights rolling inside some kind of curtained room(paint booth?). The new tractors were engineered to be radically different in design - cabs/intercooled/slopinghoods/power directors/hydraulicsystems, etc.. AC’s marketing wanted these new tractors to be noticed. The maroon paint was a stark contrast to the 100 series all orange scheme. Like them or not, everyone noticed them. Everyone talked about them at coffee shops, ag classrooms, football games, rural church gatherings, and even during farmhouse meals around the kitchen table.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CKJ5FF2i0_A
Thank you to whoever digitalized uploaded the old AC films to YouTube.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 5:51pm
We were lucky to see it not long after Dana got her home. We had a nice visit and Dana gave dad a nice tour of the fleet. Thanks again Dana
AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 5:53pm
I personally can't stand the maroon and painted my 7040 black. What the heck were they thinking? I've noticed on my 6060 that when the black paint chips off it's maroon underneath and those were black bellies from the factory. It seems to me they just sprayed the early 7000's with primer and said to he!! with it.
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 5:57pm
The underbelly could be a worse color-green/yellow LOL!! What is most predominant, the engine or the under belly?? Maybe paint the engine but leave the belly?? JMO.
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 8:15pm
Mikes and his folks stopped by just as I drove the ‘30 from exit 29 after I backed her off the trailer, filled her with diesel and drove 3 miles home. We had a great time talking AC and both Mike and his Dad Mike are great folks! I washed windows for hours and I know I kept complaining about the maroon😤. But Mike had the correct answer....chill and see what ya think after some time passes! I’ll try to post some pics Saturday. Be safe everyone! Dana
                          Dana
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 8:19pm
I guess I never minded it but maybe it was just the new tractor love.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
btred1466 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btred1466 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 9:16am
I want to see pictures of your 7030 and other tractors you have.
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 11:58am
I don't think the maroon looks so bad when it is good and dark colored and shiny, I think it doesn't look so good when it has faded to an almost pink color.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

The underbelly could be a worse color-green/yellow LOL!! What is most predominant, the engine or the under belly?? Maybe paint the engine but leave the belly?? JMO.
Wait, huh?Confused  So you want three colors, orange, black and maroon??? 
Keith M View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 3:12pm
I hated the maroon when it came out and still do. Looks like a teenage girl chose the paint scheme.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 7:55pm

Today I finished both rear wheels now waiting for the new radials to arrive.
                          Dana
btred1466 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btred1466 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 10:14pm
Nice 7030 and Thanks for the Pictures. I hope to see more pictures in the future.
Do you know anything about where Wellerts found your 7030?

It looks like an Early One, Black Mask around Windshield, Cool. 

My Grandpa's had an all Orange Cab and had Power Adjust Rear Rims, the way it was in a picture I have of it, it left in the Mid late 1990's. I wouldn't think anyone would change those style of rims but never know.

7030's were made in 1973-1974 Correct?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 6:14am

Refurbed both rear rims, installed stainless drink holder in cab, will install batt isolation switch and flex seal all battery compartments, then I need to refurb the bandit mask and all orange on cab.
                          Dana
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 11:40am
CaptainDana, congrats on a great looking 7030! And an extremely low hour one, “to boot!” Is it’s power director the standard 20 speed or optional 16? I know you’ll enjoy it’s air-conditioning. Does it have the 8 track stereo?

Edited by AC7060IL - 22 Mar 2020 at 11:46am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 3:00pm
Eric it has a great stereo with cassette lol I use my phone and Senheiser NCR wireless headphones anyways.i believe I am using rubbing compound and then wax on the cab. Thanks, Dana
                          Dana
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic