This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC 7020 Power Shift Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFord1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC 7020 Power Shift Problems
    Posted: 13 May 2019 at 2:47pm
Was planting beans with our farms AC 7020 a few weeks ago and had power shift problems.

It happened when I backed the planter in a corner, then once I put it in 1st gear and tried to go forward, the tractor died. At first I thought I took my foot off the clutch too quick. So I tried again and the same thing happened. It will go in reverse and move just fine. It only happens when I try and go forward. It will move fine if put in neutral ( had to tow it out of the way).

Any ideas? When cycling through the gears it seems to hang up on 5th and not go any further. Looked it all over from the outside and everything appears to be fine.
Thanks
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 3:14pm
Now that it has cooled off, sit in the seat and shift from R up thru 6th several times. Start the engine and see if it is fixed. Something had the reverse clutch plunger stuck down. When was the last time the Power Shift oil AND FILTER were changed ???????????
Alvin M View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alvin M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 3:23pm
can't shift with foot clutch in to 5th or 6th pull power shift value and check control rack saw them brake and had some spools say in then it trays to go into two gears
bigal121892 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Alvin M Alvin M wrote:

can't shift with foot clutch in to 5th or 6th pull power shift value and check control rack saw them brake and had some spools say in then it trays to go into two gears

No need to push the clutch in, if the tractor is shut off.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic