This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ac 7000 pto oil deflector

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmeyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ac 7000 pto oil deflector
    Posted: 04 May 2020 at 1:36pm
hello I am a new member and new allis ac-7000 owner.

I changed to hydraulic oil filter and while wiping out the pan I noticed the oil deflector on the pto shaft is lose and wobbling on the shaft. when you engage the pto you can hear it slapping around in the housing. I have a IT shop manual but the pictures do not show a good picture of how the deflector connects to the shaft. Can I pull the oil deflector without splitting the tractor? looking at the ACGO parts book online it looks like there may be a plug and bolt in front of the shaft. not clear if this can be removed of if I need to split the tractor in front of the torque tube.

also while making rounds to the left breaking up an arena with a 7' spring tooth the right side brake got really hot and started making it hard to turn. it was smoking by the time I figured out what was going on. I made a total of 12 rounds. the tractor will roll downhill and the right brake will stop. the right side brake works at about 35% brake travel where the left side takes 75% travel. however both will stop the tractor. The front cab mounts are gone and the rears are pretty narrow so those need replaced to lift the cab back up if that has any effect on brake adjustment.
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 1:59pm
Oil deflector has been like that since the tractor was built.

Edited by DrAllis - 04 May 2020 at 2:00pm
edmeyers View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmeyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 2:51pm
Really! it sounds awful clanking around. seems like there should be a bearing it there to hold it centered. Or some kind of set screw on the side of the case to lock it in.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 3:01pm
It only makes noise at slow idle speeds, right ??
edmeyers View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmeyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 3:51pm
Not sure I have only checked it at idle I will check it tonight when I get home thou.

MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 9:01pm
Don't over tighten brakes or they will heat. Pedal almost to floor is about right.          MACK
edmeyers View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmeyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 11:14am
I checked the pto at 2000 rpm and there was no unusual sounds so I’m glad I’m not looking at splitting the tractor. Thank you for your wisdom
I wish I could see what it all looks like for peace of mind so if anyone has pictures that would be nice to see.

I will be adjusting the brakes the next few days but good to know that there needs to be that much travel.
Ron(AB) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron(AB) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 1:04pm
I have about 9000 hours on my 7000 and the brakes are still original.

So if they are set right they should last the life of the tractor.
edmeyers View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmeyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 10:36pm
Well looks like the right side was adjusted too tight as well as the brake is hanging up on that side which is why it got so hot. I will have to take it apart. Of course it couldn’t be the left side that is easy to get off.
I also noticed that the 3pt bleeds down pretty fast I constantly have to raise it. There is a pretty good leak on the valve stack. Are they easy to rebuild or reseal.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic