This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC 416S exhaust question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC 416S exhaust question
    Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 12:09am
Hello, I recently bought an AC 416S and am concerned about the exhaust situation. It had a heavy cast big tractor style muffler on it when I bought it. I noticed that after running for a very short amount of time the barrel of the muffler gets glowing red hot. I've been around quite a few dirt bike and quads and know that its fairly common for the header to get hot like that but I've never seen a muffler glowing like that. My concern is that A. there is something wrong with the engine maybe running lean or something that's causing it or B. the muffler being mounted pretty much directly to the engine with only a 90 degree pipe its just to close to the engine. I believe stock the exhaust layout was down and across the front of the engine with the muffler mounted on the opposite side of the engine. Unfortunately that's not possible because the 90 degree pipe is rusted solid to the block and I don't want to risk hurting the threads in the block or doing any other damage. If anyone has any advice or suggestions I'd really appreciate it.

thanks!
Greg
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic