This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Pointed Day LOL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Pointed Day LOL
    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 6:21am
MSN News

A container of screws spilled onto an interstate, causing flat tires for miles

By Amanda Jackson, CNN 9 hrs ago

© Mississippi Highway Patrol
A container of screws that fell off a vehicle and littered the roadway in Jackson County, Mississippi, caused flat tires along nearly 30 miles of interstate.
Mississippi Highway Patrol responded Tuesday after getting numerous calls about stranded motorists near the Pascagoula River Bridge. When officers arrived, they discovered sheet metal screws scattered across Interstate 10 West. In total, 36 passenger cars and three semis each had multiple flat tires.

© Mississippi Highway Patrol Crews cleaned up the debris along I-10.
"Wrecker response time was upwards to three hours for [motorists] waiting on tow trucks due to the number of calls for service," the Mississippi Highway Patrol said in a statement.
"Troopers assisted [motorists] with changing flat tires and providing lane safety" for those who were stranded.
Courtney Beauvais was on her way home to Ocean Springs when she noticed that she had a flat. Her car was equipped with run-flat tires, designed to resist deflation when punctured, so she was able to exit the highway and make it home.
"I noticed the car wobble a little bit when I exited," she said. "When I got home, I noticed screws in the side wall and in the bottom of the front tire."
She now has to get a new tire for her car.
"I didn't think anything of it when I got the flat tire," she said. "Once I saw the pictures on Facebook when I got home, I was like, 'oh, my goodness.' "
Luckily, the flat tires didn't cause any wrecks. By Tuesday evening, the Mississippi Department of Transportation had cleaned up the area and traffic was running smoothly.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 6:48am
Now that was a screwy situation. LOL  I'll bet nobody calls wanting to get their screws back.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 7:03am
So, Yesterday while traveling through Mississippi, you had a chance of gettin screwed on 10
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 10:53am
Thumbs Up
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 4:29pm
I'm pretty sure global warming had something to do with this.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 5:29pm
Well NOW I know what to do with the 25# of 1" drywall screws I got last week,free of course...
Yeesh, who KNEW they made one inch drywall screws ?
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic