This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Little Shed Addition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Little Shed Addition
    Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 6:42am
I have been here to show my escapades which some are a little silly for a serious board. I put a small addition to my shed taking advantage of the roofers as they reroofed all our buildings. I took some video last evening while putting up a sheet of OSB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkGNn3zKeEs

Here is a link to the addition as it was going up.

https://public.fotki.com/DickL/home-inprovements/new-shed-roof-and-a/

Edited by Dick L - 22 Aug 2019 at 6:48am
Sponsored Links

chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 8:25am
Dick your can do fortitude is just phenomenal, a lot of 20 somethings wouldn't even try yet alone know which end of the hammer to hold. Keep on keepin on. Thumbs Up
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 4:02pm
Nice job Dick!!
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 5:11pm
Makes most of us look bad when we ask for help!! Great Job Dick!!
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 9:26pm
Dick,
Wow! Nice work! You may inspire a lot of folks to get going on their projects! Thanks!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 9:47pm
Great job! I admire your attitude! Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 6:20am
Thanks for the nice comments! I have actually loved work of all kinds as long as I can remember thinking if someone else could do something if I tried I could develop the skills do it also. I still love to do all types of work and enjoy doing the prep work needed to do things from the chair.

When I would tell people what I was doing from my wheelchair I received that look from many, Like, Ya, Right! I lost my ability to walk or stand for any distant or time. As some assume when they see people in a wheelchair, I didn't loose my ability think and desire to work. I am so pleased when I am able to figure out how to do different things I want to show everyone how they can do it also.      
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 7:05am
Good job Dick. Now go back to the shop and design and build a tool try on a swing out arm , so you can tuck it behind your chair when not needed,  yet swing it out to your side when it is Wink
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 8:58am
Tucker, don't give him to many ideas or he'll turn into a transformer and be to busy signing autographs for us to pick his vast knowledge - I mean brain.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 9:01am
Dick, years ago didn't you have a job machining wheels and parts for wheel chairs  ? Seems like I remember photos of wheels ?
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 9:58am
Outstanding looking shed, Dick, keep up the good work!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Dick, years ago didn't you have a job machining wheels and parts for wheel chairsĀ  ? Seems like I remember photos of wheels ?

I still run the factory. I have two new employees and have been working full days the last two weeks. Normally still two hours in the forenoon and two hours in the afternoon. My one employee that had been with me a couple years died suddenly when his heart stopped while being checked out in the hospital two weeks ago today.   

http://www.nmpcomtech2000.net/

Edited by Dick L - 23 Aug 2019 at 2:58pm
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 7:48pm
Outstanding job on the shed, Dick. Sorry about the loss of your long time employee, he must have been almost as good as you are since it took two to replace him. I admire your work ethic and perseverance, most people would just say they can't do something anymore instead of finding a way to do it.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 12:33am
I am jealous of your perseverance of getting different things done! I too cannot walk/stand for very long, tho not in a wheelchair, I can't seem to get much done, and have to sit a lot. how are your sweet babies doing? miss seeing their pics. any new ones?
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 6:22am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

I am jealous of your perseverance of getting different things done! I too cannot walk/stand for very long, tho not in a wheelchair, I can't seem to get much done, and have to sit a lot. how are your sweet babies doing? miss seeing their pics. any new ones?

I have kept the mares open for the last two years. I had a young two year old stallion get out and found his way in with four mares a month ago. I am not sure he is old enough get the job done. At least I am hoping.

No new pictures of horses lately.
bikley View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 7:34am
great job Dick glad cant wait to see when its done
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 9:52pm
It just confirms the old saying, " Where there's a will, there's a way". Good job Dick. A lot of people don't want to do anything. They get a little something wrong with their back, and it's a good excuse to hang it up. I am also working on a shed addition. I may start my own tread on it, but I've seemed to have stalled on it the last couple of weeks. I wish I had a better work ethic myself. I don't always love the work, but I do love the satisfaction I get when I complete a project.
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 8:51pm
I got the rest of the OSB up today before I mowed the front 2 acres of yard with the rotary mower I mow hay with. Went out and raked the hay I mowed yesterday. It dried faster than I thought and it started to cloud up so I hooked on to the baler. I baled the little patch and got 12 good bales. I picked those up with the loader and put them in the new addition. I feed the horses and headed for the shower. Felt good to get the sweat and hay dust off and in clean duds. I drove to Angola and bought feed for horses and the dog. Stopped at Walmart and picked lunch meat for this week along with distilled water for Dixie's CPAP deal. Back home and in my chair with a turkey bugger and some chips a little after 9. I made a couple videos when I put up another sheet of OSB where I didn't think about a little detail but it got worked out. The other one was of some lazy horses.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 4:06am

Dang it Dick,,,you is sure stayin busy these days,,,,UMMmmm,,,what brand of cbd oil are you takin,,,,,,???LOLLOL OH,,and give me their address,,,,,,ClapClap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic