This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A little breezy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A little breezy
    Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 1:18pm
Well I guess some southwest Kansas dirt should be heading to eastern NE, IA and MO. As usual some are happy to send some top quality topsoil your guys way.

Unfortunately I need to run a pen of cattle. Nothing better than this crap to get some bawlers sick.

Somewhere in there is some calves ready for shots

I only send organic fertilizers northeast.
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
Sponsored Links

Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 1:26pm
Yea,,here too,,go look at shameless post, I put a screenshot...
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 3:43pm
DANG... we got wind in Illinois, but it dont pickup the dirt like that !!!
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 5:25pm
I was glad to get back to 40mph winds at home.  Sure made a difference where there were actual trees and fence rows, even if it was a quarter mile away.  I thought it was bad getting pelted with corn stalks driving down the highway until I came to a gravel road and it sounded like I was taking machine gun fire.  Halfway across Kansas in the flint hills was no place to be today, but as usual, the dashcam was working.  This semi just entered the Flint hills and topped a hill and came out of a hill cut-out when a 70mph side wind hit him.  He was giving the drivers door a good shoulder hit when I went by, help was right there and Kansas HP was at the bottom of the hill in hot pursuit.  If that cab didn't have the stench of an outhouse he's a better man than me.

Maximum use of available resources!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 6:03pm
Wind ia still howling here!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 8:24pm
Yeah JW, I'd be glad I had brown pants on...
We're getting it here now.
Talking HEAVY rain and possible tornadoes.

"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 10:08pm
Well I just got through discing the neighbors wheat stubble, it's not no-till now, I've always made lite of the wind out here but I think I need to stop! It was the longest consistent wind I've been around.  It's nothing to once a year have gusts to 70+ but today was a whole different story.  Was told sustained 85+, don't know but when it switched from sw to w it got really ugly for about a half hour.  I had just finished working a pen of cattle and was rinsing syringes out on the east side of the shed, thinking to myself thank god I'm done eating gravel and shi$, then all hell broke loose, it wasn't this 60 mph crap!  I thought the way the dirt was swirling around that south end of the shed there was a tornado but there was so much dirt and smoke in the air I couldn't tell you if my azz was still attached to my legs.  I heard some banging and looked around the front of the shed to see the sw door had broken loose, so I went to jump into the pickup to get in front of the door to hold it on and for the first time ever I had to roll down the window to pull the door shut, I'm sure now my door hinges are going to leave plenty of room for me to crawl in the pickup(8ft. boxWink)  Anyways it seems power lines slapping together and breaking create a lot of sparks so their were fires all over the place out here and one was a half mile from the farm.  I called a local volunteer around 4 and was willing to take the disc over to put a stop to it, but he didn't have time to talk and wasn't sure where the fire was even though he was looking at it, so I drove by to see for sure where the fire was and there was wheat east of the fire but there was a bale stack burning, that isn't going out anytime soon but I was assured they had it under control.Confused  Well I stopped at the local stop&puke and wouldn't you know it the bale stack was back a blaze except now the wind is out of the NW and my neighbor and I are in line.  None the less the problem was solved at 9 instead of 4!

Yep this stack, still burning but safely I hope!

Bent but held!

Didn't hold!

Edited by Kansas99 - 15 Dec 2021 at 10:19pm
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 11:51pm
glad it worked out for you, and no one was hurt. now you'll have time to sort thru your filing cabinet! lol
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 7:04am
With what you described lucky all was not gone with the wind!
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 9:46am
Glad you didn't get hurt. Wind that strong around here would have caused major damage.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 10:08am
  Glad to hear everyone is Okay. We had wind here but nothing like that and it's calmed down and suppose to rain this afternoon.
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 10:25am
I was in Manhattan (Kansas) yesterday.  It was a little breezy.  Stopped at Cracker Barrel in Junction City and the NWS sent a severe wind alert on my cell phone.  Got a couple more NWS alerts on my drive back home Udall, Kansas), it felt like I was driving through a scene from the Wizard of Oz.  Did not see any tornados.  Just extremely strong winds, dust and some rain. 

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 12:48am
i washed some of your top soil off my truck today!
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 8:06pm
My apologies, but to verify if it's mine you'll need to sample taste a little. If it tastes like dirt don't blame it on me, but if it tastes like shi%, oops my bad! Wink LOL

"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic