This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A BIG ONE coming for New Orleans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 5:58pm
More than 400,000 people are still without power nine days after Hurricane Ida hit Louisiana.

As of Tuesday afternoon, 412,759 people were without power, according to numbers from PowerOutage.US.

Ida made landfall on Aug. 29 and left more than 1 million people without power in Louisiana. The Louisiana Department of Health confirmed Tuesday that the death toll in the state is now at 15.

Entergy, one of the utilities that provides power in Louisiana and Mississippi, said Tuesday that it has restored power to 60 percent of its 948,000 customers in both states that lost power, or about 571,000 customers.

< ="vjs-play-control vjs-control vjs- vjs-playing" ="" title="Pause" aria-="false" -m=""n":"pause","y":12,"i":176,"p":62,"o":1" -id="176" style="-sizing: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: "Segoe UI", "
< -id="89" -m=""i":89,"p":60,"n":"-","y":12,"o":24" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0.6rem 2rem; font-size: 1.3rem; line-height: 1.8rem; font-family: "Segoe UI", "Segoe WP", Arial, sans-serif; : rgb0, 0, 0; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; cursor: pointer; border-radius: 0px; appearance: none; color: rgb255, 255, 255; : relative; left: -64px;">Click to expand

This includes 54 percent of its customers who lost power in Louisiana and all of its customers who lost power in Mississippi.

Entergy said that for some of the communities that were hit hardest by the storm, power should be restored no later than Sept. 29, though estimates are subject to change.

Edited by steve(ill) - 07 Sep 2021 at 6:00pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 6:23pm
well at least they don't need FURNACES for winter, unlike the poor souls in the NE section of the USA....Though I wonder WHERE the furnaces, water heaters, fridges,stoves etc. will be made ??
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 7:00pm
You've got predominately swamp land, and you want to put underground electric in it?  That'll sure give them gaters something to think about!  It also would be cool to watch the cities light up when the tidal surge filled the underground manholes with water!  I don't think that area is very well suited for underground electric.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 7:03pm
that area is not suited for ANYTHING..
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 2:54pm
   Working in a area like that and worrying about getting power reinstalled isn't a thing that's going to happen overnight and the news media keeps harping on it, can't they find something better to talk about
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 3:20pm
At 12 feet below sea level I'd tell em to invest in some soap and enjoy.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 8:52am
We were lucky up here in the left hand corner of the state. We're in "high ground" so to speak compared to 50 miles East of us toward NYC. Folks that'a way got clobbered. Everything under water. We were out of power a few times because of fallen trees. The ground here in NJ has been saturated big time with all the storms we've been gettin'. Big top heavy trees fully leafed just topple over taking down a few spans of wire with them.  I've gone through more gasoline in the ZT this year mowin' the lawn. I can't keep up wit' it! Our crews were pretty busy for a while. Even though I was on vacation retiring out, I was still in touch with quite a few of the linemen I worked with over the years. We've had three hurricanes come passin' through in the past 2 months. That's more than we had in 10 years!  Sheesh!  I don't miss those 16 hr. days on storm duty that's fir' sure!!
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 9:21am
Still around 150,000 with out power in La...About 95% of that in New Orleans south to the Gulf.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 12:01pm
That be Swamp South Jesus, Cajun Country, most do not NEED Electricity.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 3:09pm
I wonder how many won't have HEAT this winter ? or hot water...gotta be a zillion needing new furnaces and such.....
yet another shortage....

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 4:41pm
Not many Furnace sellers in LA, weather there hardly drops into the 60s.  When does all manner panics occur.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 5:15pm
hmm, I was thinking more up in NY,NJ,PA area that had the bad floods
but everyone has(had...) water heaters, drywall, insulation, carpet,cars, etc.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic