This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A 7000 found me and is calling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A 7000 found me and is calling
    Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 5:20pm
I was on a service call this morning and got to talk Allis with the Farmer. And he said "I have a 7000 with a loader in the woods you want it". He said something poped in the transmission when they let the clutch out and it stopped moveing. So they drug it into the woods.
I asked him what he wants for it and he didn't realy give me an answer. He did ask me what i have to trade for it.
This realy bothers me becouse i don't have the time, money, or storage space but i hate to see it rust away.
If any of you local guys are interested send me a PM
The universal answer to all questions is yes, how much do you want to spend?
Sponsored Links

Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 5:33pm
Deep down inside you know that the BEST thing to do is turn and run .If it's in the woods it's there for a reason. It just kill's me when some people just think everything needs to be saved,even for me to drag it out of the woods ,god knows how many years it has been there and everything else wrong with ,it would not be worth the time to save it ,in 98 out of 100 times. OK I feel better now ,Thanks for sharing  Dave !  ,Fred
Sam T-Ga View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam T-Ga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 5:33pm
What is serial number? Cab or ROPS? Did you get a picture?
dave63 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Sam T-Ga Sam T-Ga wrote:

What is serial number? Cab or ROPS? Did you get a picture?
No it was raining and i just didn't feal like getting wetter.
Fred, your right but if one of these guys wants a parts tractor i would feal better.
Hurst View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 7:45pm
I vote don't let it rust away.  At least get it for parts for others!  There are quite a few one-off parts that only came on that tractor that can be difficult to find, so if it has any good parts, it'd be worth dragging out of the woods.

Hurst
1979 Allis Chalmers 7000
5800 Hours
Wes (VA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes (VA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 7:55pm
Yeah find out some more about it and let us know!  -Wes
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 10:19pm
I am a snoop. I would like to go and see it. I would walk into the woods in the rain for a peak. You'll miss out on seeing the AC dealership signs that are leaning against it, still in their packing crates. Maybe a 220 FWA. Maybe a wartime WC with the arch frame wf and factory hand clutch. What if there was a WC single front wheel with a grader blade hanging under it. Is that an Allis Chalmers minibike leaning up against the old Allis Chalmers refrigerator that is resting in front of a 4r cult for a UC. Now you won't sleep tonight.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 1:19pm
I,m interested in this tractor , will send a pm
BrianC,Ont View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC,Ont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 5:48pm
Ya, what everyone said, cept Fred. There was a 7000 sitting at a fab shop where I do a bunch of work, that I thought I would make a puller out of. It was rough, tires NFG, had 2 complete 301s, make 1 good one. He wanted $4000 the first time I talked to him, then to $3000. Was down there last week and its gone. He took it for scrap. So if it weighed 10,000 lbs he got about $900 for it. I say go and look, and buy. When I get down to Fred's next time I will have to visit other Forum members down that way.
35WC on steel, B with belly mower, D17 puller, D15 Series II puller, D15 Series II with loader, 608 Lawn Tractor
CTD03 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTD03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 6:22pm
Pm me the info. Location?
dave63 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 6:53pm
I talked to the guy that has it this evening. I asked him if he is serius about geting rid of it. He said he would trade it for a G. I joked with him about him being expensive.
He wants to talk to his son about what to ask for it. I will get back to you guys when i know a little more.
Be patiant with me.
CTD03 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTD03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by dave63 dave63 wrote:

I talked to the guy that has it this evening. I asked him if he is serius about geting rid of it. He said he would trade it for a G. I joked with him about him being expensive.
He wants to talk to his son about what to ask for it. I will get back to you guys when i know a little more.

Be patiant with me.

Thank you   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic