This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

918H Kohler number location???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange918H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 918H Kohler number location???
    Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 4:21pm
Got my heads off the 18hp Kohler Command i had a couple of guys
look at the valve stems for play one said there not that bad the other
said to much play

i went to a machine shop the dealer told me about in a small town
he looked at the exhaust valve play he said one had more play then the other
that i should get guides but i'll need the 3 numbers on the engine
asked him if the part numbers on the head good enough? he said no

well the long and short of it the dealer said the same thing
that the numbers might be on a tag or around the flywheel
i didn't find either unless the flywheel has to be removed

any know the exact location of the numbers?
Thanks for any information
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 8:53pm
Look on the shroud that covers the flywheel - somewhere on there should be a tag or stamped numbers . 
 It ticks me off every time they pull this - you need the numbers - most parts are totally interchangeable - but to buy parts for a engine used in one machine the numbers will send you to a specific dealer - Crank shaft end size is main difference .
 I replaced a engine in my New Holland with a Kohler General Service engine - but that engine doesnt belong to that tractor - YEP so sell me the parts for a general service engine  . 
 Now the tractor has a Honda 18 HP and Kohler is setting in shop along with a second one that came out of same tractor.

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 02 Jun 2014 at 8:56pm
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
TOMIA View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOMIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 5:57am
I have 3 918's and there is a tag on the left hand side of the flywheel cover. It is a stick on tag so maybe yours has come off.
George Jr. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Jr. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 6:08am
maybe if you give him your numbers he might luck out
TOMIA View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOMIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 6:33am
2 of mine are the same motor and the other one is an overhead cam model.

Model CH 18S
Spec # 62513
serial # 2223308257 and 2625712337

Overhead cam model

Model CH 18S
Spec # 54511
serial # 262310028-  not totally readable
Orange918H View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange918H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 7:35pm
Guess i'm  lucky i found my Kohler engine information label LOL
all the important numbers can not be read
the print is gone - it's useless - a stamped metal tag would of last

Thanks for the numbers that were posted by the members
i'll check them out

Best i can do is click on the link to see the label you can not read

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/ZZ-IRON/photos%20for%20forums/P6072587.jpg

Edited by Orange918H - 07 Jun 2014 at 8:03pm
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Jr. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 9:38pm
now because i'm smart and in a good mood i'll give you a lesson      when you buy anything that has numbers write them down and file them       i understand that old items may have numbers that can't be read         when i buy something that has numbers and a manual i write down the numbers in the manual and i also make a copy of the receipt and staple the original receipt and the copy to the manual and put them in the file cabinet       i can give any dealer or store any numbers or receipt info they want 

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange918H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 11:42am
Originally posted by George Jr. George Jr. wrote:

now because i'm smart and in a good mood i'll give you a lesson      when you buy anything that has numbers write them down and file them       i understand that old items may have numbers that can't be read         when i buy something that has numbers and a manual i write down the numbers in the manual and i also make a copy of the receipt and staple the original receipt and the copy to the manual and put them in the file cabinet       i can give any dealer or store any numbers or receipt info they want 

Good advice George Jr. -

next time i'll write numbers down and take pictures
of the numbers post in my file
and print them & glue in the owners manual

my Agco Allis owners manual did
had all kinds ow numbers written in it
unfortunately none had to do with Kohler engine numbers

so in the meant time till i find the proper valve guides
i bought a Ford YT 16H mower & snowblower combo for $450
has a Briggs twin cylinder not a V Twin couldn't pass it up

Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Jr. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 5:11am
now write down all the numbers for the ford and file them     lol
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange918H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by George Jr. George Jr. wrote:

now write down all the numbers for the ford and file them     lol

i'll chisel it in stone George Jr.  lol
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic