This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

8070 hydraulics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickBeaudrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 8070 hydraulics
    Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 4:20am
Hello, I we bought an 8070 fwa power shift last spring. Noticed that it doesn’t like to steer at an idle. Hydraulic remotes seem fine and lift everything we have ever hooked it to. Also if you rev the engine it steers better but not like it should. Any suggestions on where to start?
Sponsored Links

MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 6:39am
There is a flow divider in gear pump that could be hanging up or office missing. Left filter could need changed or screen missing.           MACK
NickBeaudrie View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickBeaudrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 12:41pm
Did it before we bought it and we changed all the filters when we got it. Ddnt make a difference
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 3:53pm
But, was the screen in the left hand filter ?? And did you use AGCO filters ?????????
NickBeaudrie View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickBeaudrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 6:11pm
Yes screen was there. Also all agco filters and the correct 826 oil was used
cowkicker View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowkicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 7:23pm
Bought a fixer upper 8070 FWA many years ago with the same issue.  After about driving me crazy checking things I finally figured that I would just have to live with it. When time came to replace the kingpins and bushings in the front axle, I found the universal joints were about very, very, rusted and stiff. After changing all of the joints , it started steering like it should, Still using it today!!!! Might be something to check
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic