This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

8050 powershift changing filters questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 8050 powershift changing filters questions
    Posted: 19 May 2016 at 6:40am
I would like to change the hydraulic and transmission filters on our 8050 powershift tractor . the filters for the hydraulic seems straightforward can someone help me out with the filters for the transmission? where exactly are they and does it lose a lot of fluid? thank you, and is the only fill port for the hydraulic and transmission fluid on the top in the back of the tractor on the Rock shaft housing?
Sponsored Links

MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 7:44am
You will loose about one gallon from each filter. Make sure you put thru screen back in new filter on left side along with spring and cup on right side.
 Fill hole at back for rear end, dip stick under seat for transmission.    MACK
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 7:53am
The trans filter in the back has a white plastic part on the top. It has two ears with magnets. Clean the magnets and install this part on the new filter. MAKE SURE YOU INSTALL THE FILTER SO THE PLASTIC EARS GO BACK UP INSIDE THE FILTER BODY LIKE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO. Guess how I know this is a good idea. Go ahead, guess. Don't be shy.    
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Leon B MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 8:48am
Don't take the 1/4 keeper bolts out completely, use some other bolts for pusher bolts. When the o ring on the cover comes out, it makes a big mess in a short time. Keeping a couple of the bolts barely screwed in helps a bit.
Leon B
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 8:56am
I thought trans fill was dipstick on back of tractor on rear housing?
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 10:01am
On my 8070 trans is tube out back of cab toward left side,rear is short tube on top of rear hsg. Think MACK is thinking 7000 series.
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Unit3 Unit3 wrote:

The trans filter in the back has a white plastic part on the top. It has two ears with magnets. Clean the magnets and install this part on the new filter. MAKE SURE YOU INSTALL THE FILTER SO THE PLASTIC EARS GO BACK UP INSIDE THE FILTER BODY LIKE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO. Guess how I know this is a good idea. Go ahead, guess. Don't be shy.    

About the same way l know what happens when you don't keep ahold of it when the threads finally come out and it falls on the floor. $ 100 fix
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 9:57pm
are you now educated?
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 10:24pm
Sorry, I was thinking 7000 Series not 8000.
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 10:24pm
Lol Steve it's hard to teach an old dog !!!!
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 10:35pm
I'd bet you even knew better about the way you were doing your task."I need to hang on to this when the threads let loose or I'll drop it".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic