This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

$75 Dollar B (pics)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $75 Dollar B (pics)
    Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 9:35pm
My neighbor called me today from a auction. He goes to all different types of auctions all the time. He says do yo want a allis Chalmers for $75. I said what is it, he didn't know. So i said yea I guess. He stopped at the shop on way home with picture of it. It's a B. now We just have to go get it. And I will get some pictures of it for you guys.

Edited by Mikez - 16 Sep 2016 at 8:14pm
Sponsored Links

shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 10:47pm
wow....
blazeb View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 10:51pm
You must have had an absolute great day after you got that phone call!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 6:14am
well I'm WAITING for MY phone call.....lol

even with the $$ exchange it'd be a GREAT way to start the day !!

Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 6:57am
Hope you get as lucky as my kid. He found a 56 Chevy HT and got it for a grand. Same place had 2 ACs behind the barn. A B and a C for parts. Got them both for $100 bill. I helped him haul his treasures home.
   He got both the Chevy and the B running while still on the trailers and was able to drive them off.
   Chevy is now ready to go to "CRUSIN the COAST". The B is under the shed now and has not been run in over a year. When I think about it I turn the crank to keep it loose. It's a 50 model with cultivators.
   The C is waiting for scrap prices to go up.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 7:18am
That's a cool deal Mike!!
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
blazeb View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Ken in Texas Ken in Texas wrote:

Hope you get as lucky as my kid. He found a 56 Chevy HT and got it for a grand. Same place had 2 ACs behind the barn. A B and a C for parts. Got them both for $100 bill. I helped him haul his treasures home.
   He got both the Chevy and the B running while still on the trailers and was able to drive them off.
   Chevy is now ready to go to "CRUSIN the COAST". The B is under the shed now and has not been run in over a year. When I think about it I turn the crank to keep it loose. It's a 50 model with cultivators.
   The C is waiting for scrap prices to go up.

Don't scrap the C, there is only so many allis parts tractors on the face of this earth
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 1:29pm
My theory on scrapping is supply and demand is what tractor prices are all about. With so many NF Cs around a nice one sure aint worth what the cost to restore one will bring. The fewer the better.
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 1:41pm

My theory on scrapping is supply and demand is what tractor prices are all about. With so many NF Cs around a nice one sure aint worth what the cost to restore one will bring. The fewer the better.
Cry
Then you end up with the steam engine situation. Not a whole whole lot of really nice ones around (Certainly not thousands, like the gas engine tractors), and when you buy one they're $20,000+.
blazeb View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 3:28pm

Just keep them hidden in your secret place, then when prices for tractors do go up, your sitting on gold, and no allis is wasted. Remember that there where only so many allis made, and in 100 years that number could be substantially less.
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by blazeb blazeb wrote:

Just keep them hidden in your secret place, then when prices for tractors do go up, your sitting on gold, and no allis is wasted. Remember that there where only so many allis made, and in 100 years that number could be substantially less.
That's my point, exactly. There will never be any more than there were when the last one rolled off the line. 
Tcmtech View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tcmtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 3:46pm

You sound like my buddy who owns a big scrap yard.   That's his saying about chopping up old equipment and sending off to the smelters.  

"I'm just making the ones that are still around more valuable. "LOL
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 5:48pm
Ken, with scrap at $75-100 ton you wont get much... Break the tractor apart into finals / transmission/ motor and sell each for $100.  You win, and you keep the parts in circulation.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 7:19pm
Looking forward to seeing your SEVENTY-FIVE DOLLAR B.
Cannot believe you can get a B tractor for $ 75.  As Ken says in a the parts are well worth that if nothing else.
Take good care of my favorite.
Good Luck!
Bill Long

Edited by Bill Long - 12 Sep 2016 at 7:21pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 8:42pm
Mike, what kind of mechanical condition is the tractor in ?  Motor turn over ?  tires ?
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 10:38pm
I haven't seen it yet but in a picture and it wasn't a good picture. It's a hedge row tractor, with a none adjustable front axle, that's all I could see
corbinstein View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corbinstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 7:17am
I'm still waiting on my phone call for a $75 B...LOL

closest I got was $300 and it was stuck! 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 8:30am
even adjustable front axles found in fence rows are non adjustable. It may be a 37 B. Wouldn't that be something else
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 6:48pm
A little update. Dad called a friend of his with roll back and it was dropped off this afternoon. Steve you asked about tires lol well they must have been loaded because there is no rims left, there was wheel weights there too, the fronts are also rusted pritty bad, the hood is cut. Looks like for a alt. I will take pictures tomarow. Is the sr number next to shifter. I will get thet also

Edited by Mikez - 15 Sep 2016 at 8:25pm
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 3:50am
That is a great story. A good story makes a project tractor all the better. I am with the group saying don't scrap them. It is hard to find d serries tractors around here. The price still isn't good so it just makes it harder for those of us who love them.
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 7:48pm
here's your pictures Mike -

Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 8:05pm
That old flat fender Jeep is interesting. Is it yours?
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 8:11pm
Thanks again joe. Pictures didn't come out that good, was getting dark out.
Ken yes that's ours. It's a ford army jeep
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 8:21pm
HECK.. I though you said it was beat up ??? A little paint and you will be good to go !! LOL
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 8:23pm
Those rear weights are probably worth TWICE what you paid for the tractor !
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 8:25pm
It's a shame to have your Jeep sitting out in the weather like that. My son is restoring a 42 FORD GPW. It was his DadILs hunting Jeep. Garage kept so it's pretty solid.
I don't guess yours is FOR SALE?

Edited by Ken in Texas - 16 Sep 2016 at 8:29pm
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 8:26pm
Lol I just said the rear wheels were gone and fronts were thin and got bent when loaded an unloaded. And hood was cut. Well I don't see us doing anything with it so if anybody is interested let me know. I saved it from scrap lol
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 8:30pm
Yea I know it's a sham to sit out. Dad used it to go out in woods to get fire wood and then it just got left behind the garage. Then he brought it here few years ago. I can ask him if its for sale
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 8:10pm
You know Mike I've  looked for a '56 hardtop for the last 35 yrs. and haven't found a one. Found a 4 door hardtop for 400 one time in Kansas. Title was sorta screwed up but still should have bought it. Now I'm to danged old to restore one so guess I'll just look at pics. Old age is a female hound dog. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic