This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

712H - Maybe?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuzrichki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 712H - Maybe?
    Posted: 09 May 2019 at 9:02pm
Evening Gents. I picked up what I think is a 712H. Was not running when I bought it, didn't have spark. I cleaned the points and a few other maintenance items and it is now up and going. It only wants to run with the choke shut, so it looks like I need to clean the bowl and the carb. Anyhew - I have a few questions to the experts out there:
1. Is it actually a 712H? Those stickers are gone off the hood.
2. It runs but does not move. It pushes hard like the motors are engaged, but it will move when pushed hard. Is there a disconnect for the hydro drive somewhere?
3. What is supposed to be where my finger is pointing? Looks like it part of the hydro system, is it a breather? maybe?
4. I got a tiller, cultivator, and a snow blade with it. Anybody use the cultivator? I don't have the adaptor to hook it up, and I'm not going to go searching for it if it does not work well.

I will pick up a book for it once I am sure what it is.
Thanks for any and all info you can give me!!

Edited by Kuzrichki - 09 May 2019 at 9:03pm
Sponsored Links

TOMIA View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOMIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 5:03am
The item you are pointing to is the fill tube for the hydro. There should be a pipe plg cap on it and the level should be right to the point of running our the tube. The disconnect is under the seat. It is a spring loaded tin plate on top of the hydro and you push it down to push down 2 little pins coming up out of the hydro. You have the lift for the tiller and cultivator. It is the hollow piece that goes up and down with the lift lever.
Kuzrichki View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuzrichki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 7:32am
Thanks, thats great information! So, is hydro on or off when the tin bar is pushed down? The tube is empty, might be why it does not move. Or it might mean the pump is burnt up, guess I will figure it soon enough. What fluid is required for that, standard hydo fluid? Does the pipe cap need a breather hole in it, or a solid cap?
I figured out how to attach the tiller, which goes directly onto what is existing on the back of the tractor. But for the cultivator there is an additional bracket that attaches to the tractor that I do not have. It pins on the bottom to pins and attaches to the sleeve hitch, then the cultivator pins on to that.
Thanks!
Bird76Mojo View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird76Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 11:55am
The hydro is "off" when you push the bracket down. When you pull it back up, many times the two little pins under the bracket can stick, so you have to make sure they pop up correctly.

I believe I always used "universal tractor fluid" for mine. Bought at Rural King. Mine has a solid pipe cap on it.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Kuzrichki Kuzrichki wrote:

Thanks, thats great information! So, is hydro on or off when the tin bar is pushed down? The tube is empty, might be why it does not move. Or it might mean the pump is burnt up, guess I will figure it soon enough. What fluid is required for that, standard hydo fluid? Does the pipe cap need a breather hole in it, or a solid cap?
I figured out how to attach the tiller, which goes directly onto what is existing on the back of the tractor. But for the cultivator there is an additional bracket that attaches to the tractor that I do not have. It pins on the bottom to pins and attaches to the sleeve hitch, then the cultivator pins on to that.
Thanks!

If you are anywhere near Charlotte, come to my place and I'll show you who the root-tiller goes on.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Kuzrichki View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuzrichki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 9:08pm
So, turns out that the trans was junk. I found local Simplicity parts tractor and swapped the rear ends out. Now we have movement! One step closer to a working tilling maching. But, I'm still missing some the pulley assembly that goes on the rear hitch. Dusty, do you have any pictures of yours? either on the tractor or off? Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic