This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7060 Gerotor pump help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
pirlbeck View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pirlbeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7060 Gerotor pump help
    Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 8:28am
I don't think it should be that hard to come up with the correct o-ring to use with the later pump. You should replace the two o-rings on the OD of the pump housing where it slides into the rear end bore anyway.
Sponsored Links

7060 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 7:53pm

I had both pumps already and they were both setting on a shelf and they never got the lines taped up so I was going to take them apart to clean the one I used up and check the parts with calipers. The 7060 pump had been rebuilt not long before the transmission went out but had the plastic gasket in the gear pump broke. I noticed that the 7060 pump also has an oil hole in the gerotor housing next to the oil screen, and the gerotor plates were different. Ide like to use the 7060 housing but dont have an oring for it, the gasket maker wouldnt hurt the clearances in the pump enough to matter would it? anyways heres the pictures

Edited by 7060 - 03 Feb 2011 at 7:56pm
pirlbeck View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pirlbeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 7:10pm
If I remember correctly (I worked at a dealer when these tractors were new) the early pumps did not use an o-ring and they had a little problem with oil seepage, so they added the o-ring. I think the 7060 pump should of had an o-ring in the groove that is there. On the pumps without an o-ring I always just put a little gasket eliminator in the joint before bolting it together. Just be careful not to use too much, as it could get in the gerotor section. Also the width of the gerotor section was increased for more pump flow from the early 7030 & 7050. You might want to compare the width of the gerotor section between the two pumps if you are planning on putting the 7030 pump in the 7060. The extra flow lowered the RPM'S  the trans lube light turned off at.
bakwoodsfarm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bakwoodsfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 4:43pm
my 7050 bolted together metal to metal between g-rotor and gear pumps.
7060 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 3:57pm
Im tearing apart a gerotor pump out of a 7060. I have 2 pumps setting here one out of a 7030 and one out of a 7060. After taking the 7030's pump apart I noticed that the gerotor pump housing has no oring groove or anytype of gasket on it. In the shop manual it doesnt show anything either, but the 7060's pump has a groove and no-oring. Does it just bolt up metal to metal? Also it shows number 17 as a seal and 19 as a o-ring on the other side but I only see one o-ring. I thought maybe someones been in one before. Ill post pictures later when I get to the house computer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic