This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7050 Trans oil

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 45 turboa- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7050 Trans oil
    Posted: 28 May 2016 at 12:50pm
7050 I sold the guy that bought it really likes it but he has to add trans oil all the time I asked him if it is gaining in the diff housing he said no. It has some small oil leaks by the hyd pump could there be a seal out some place ? He said he lost the filler plug in the back I wonder if it isn't going in the rearend ? any thoughts ?
turbocharged
Sponsored Links

KY poorboy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KY poorboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 5:58pm
I had a 7060 that was transferring to the rear end, and it would blow the filler plug out 2 or 3 times a day. After losing the first one, we tied a wire to it and the tractor incase it did it again. Good thing we did with it blowing out so often. We couldn't really do without it at the time, so we ran a hose between the rear end and the transmission so it could equalize until we had time to split it. Not a correct fix, but it worked in a pinch.
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 9:56pm
If it is leaking to the out side around pumps, that can get rid of a lot of oil. Take the top sight glass out and see how much oil runs out.
My advice would be to pull the pumps out, put new o rings on inside pump, replace seal on shaft that drives pumps, and seal in gear pump. Those are the most likely places to leak and transfer.      MACK
45 turboa- View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 45 turboa- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 5:57pm
Mack so what you are saying the hyd pumps could be forceing oil into the dif housing ?
turbocharged
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 7:38pm
the 7000/8000 series have a 3 pump set up. first is a gerotor pump for the trans driven by a shaft that comes from the rear, this pump is for the transmission clutches and draws oil from the trans sump. IF the seals leak or blow it will pump oil to the gear pump which shares the drive shaft or back to the rear , more rare.  Very seldom does oil transfer occur out side the triple pump system.... in fact the trouble shooting section of the service manual lists all the possibilities.  Thanks to old friend John Rosendahl and company....  
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 10:00pm
If oil is not kept clean, it will seize the shaft to bushing, then spin bushing through seal in gear pump.        MACK
45 turboa- View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 45 turboa- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 12:03pm
Thankyou guys I won't get a chance to work on it for awhile if I have any more questions this is the place to go. I know the tractors from the b's-220's inside out but the 7000-8000 series not so much. thanks again    Paul H
turbocharged
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic