This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7020 pto leaking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youngorange2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7020 pto leaking
    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 10:14pm
my 7020 has developed a leak at the bottom of the pto shaft I dont see a way to get at the seal it has the reversible 540/1000 and it looks like its all internal?  
Sponsored Links

Rusty Allis View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 11:16pm
Ron(AB) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron(AB) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 12:25pm
I'm still tracking down parts for mine.

The seals you can get anywhere.

The cone bearings are cheaper at the dealer.

And if you need the internal shaft (it could be bent?)...go to a wrecker.

Also make sure the pto stub shaft on the outside is not bent or twisted too!

bigal121892 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 6:01pm
I put new seals in one of our 7010's a number of years ago, follow the manual, not really a big deal. I would drain the oil and remove the bottom cover the night before, allows it to drip overnight.
Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 9:21pm
I did one on a 7010 this week. The pictures show having the oil out, the drawbar off, PTO shield off, and the bottom plated removed. The lock wire and pin are then removed followed by loosening the castle nut.  I use some long 7/16 bolts and the PTO shaft as a slide hammer to remove the 1000 rpm shaft. Let the gear drop onto something soft. I then reach up into the housing with a long screwdriver and pop the snap ring (clip) out of its groove. Remove the thrust bearing and washer off of the front face of the 540 gear so that it doesn't get damaged. Use the long bolts and reversible PTO shaft again to pull the 540 hollow shaft out. Clean everything up. Refresh the o-ring and seal in the retainer plate . Put in a new seal for the solid shaft to ride on. I hold the 540 gear and bearing in place up in the housing while I drive the hollow shaft, with the PTO shaft bolted to it , through the bearing and gear. Keep pressure rearward on the gear so that the large bearing stays seated in its cup while driving the shaft in. It doesn't go all that hard and I've never damaged a seal doing it this way. Once it stops , reach up inside and get the snap ring (clip) back in place. It's a little tricky,but a long screwdriver works for me. Thrust washer and thrust bearing are next. Hold the 1000 gear up inside and then slide the 1000 shaft through the hollow shaft and both gears.  Slide the nut on the shaft and then drive it home into the front bearing. Tighten the nut while jarring the 1000 end of the PTO shaft with a sledge to back seat the bearings. Don't get super aggressive tightening the nut, but it does take a firm grip and effort to turn the shaft. Pin it, lock wire it, and then silicone the plate. Draw bar,shield, and oil.  Next!!
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2020 at 11:41pm
BACK TO THE TOP FOR RANDY WITH THE 8050 LEAKING PTO.
randy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 3:21pm
Thanks to Lynn Marshall for the pictures of the pto. Got mine apart, the pics and instructions really helped!
Thanks again, Randy
CA WD WD45 D17 D17 Diesel 7060 8050 8070
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 8:51pm
I like your slide hammer.           MACK
randy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 7:05am
For OTIS
CA WD WD45 D17 D17 Diesel 7060 8050 8070
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic