This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7000 Cab Mounts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew(southernIL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7000 Cab Mounts
    Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 10:04am
Got new cab mounts ordered for our 7000 and was wondering how hard are they to change and are there any tricks to doing it? Its a maroon belly.

Edited by Andrew(southernIL) - 19 Feb 2011 at 10:04am
If fishing is a sport your looking at an athlete
Sponsored Links

niel ev View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niel ev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 10:11am
The ones in front under the steering colunm are the worst the back aren't bad tto get replace Niel
Hurst View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 11:02am
Please post back on how good/bad it is.  My Black belly needs all 4 eventually, but definitely the front ones in the next couple years.  If you get the chance to take pictures, please snap a couple.

Hurst
1979 Allis Chalmers 7000
5800 Hours
Andrew(southernIL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew(southernIL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 4:37pm
Finally seen where the front ones go and sure dont look easy. Is there any tricks or a lot of cussing? 
7060 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 9:42pm

I was looking at my 7060 today I dont know if its the same as the 7000 but do you take the floor out and change them or do it from the outside? If you take the bolts out and jack the cab up would that work?

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 10:42pm
7000 is different. On 7010 and up there are three across the front channel and you can add a fourth. Also you can add two extra ones across the diff lock channel and don't even have to bolt them in place, but it sure makes things more solid and quiet. Cab floor comes out and cab needs to be jacked up a little to do them.
KevinON View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 8:42am
Has anyone, or could you even, put airbags under the cab??
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew(southernIL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 9:04am
My guess would be if the air bags gave too much it would affect the linkages of the hydraulics. Since the right side mounts front and back are gone on ours Im hoping these new mounts will help the lifting of the 3-point cause we have to yank the handle back as hard as we can and it just creeps up. Hope the mounts fix it and and not have to work on the valve body.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Andrew(southernIL) Andrew(southernIL) wrote:

My guess would be if the air bags gave too much it would affect the linkages of the hydraulics. Since the right side mounts front and back are gone on ours Im hoping these new mounts will help the lifting of the 3-point cause we have to yank the handle back as hard as we can and it just creeps up. Hope the mounts fix it and and not have to work on the valve body.

I wouldn't think the cab mounts affect the hyd linkages cause they are run by cables. I don't remember if the 7000 itself is all cable run but I'm pretty sure they are. You have probably a stretched cable or bad turn buckle on the end of the cable.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
7060 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 11:55am
 I just replaced all my clevis ends on my cables since they were oblong. I switched the cables that used the ball and socket to clevises too. But it shouldnt matter the height of the cab as long as both ends of the cable sleeve are fastened down.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew(southernIL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2011 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Hurst Hurst wrote:

Please post back on how good/bad it is.  My Black belly needs all 4 eventually, but definitely the front ones in the next couple years.  If you get the chance to take pictures, please snap a couple.

Hurst

Finally got around to changing them on our maroon belly, forgot to take pics though. It took me maybe 2hrs and I didn't really know how to do it and did it with a dirt floor shop and bottle jack. I disconnected the linkages on the valve body, cause the maroon belly uses a solid linkage straight down to the valve body and not cables, and loosened the console so it could move and set a jack on the rear housing and unbolted the rear mounts and jacked rear up and changed them ( left the nuts off but U bolt through the mounts though ). Then set a block under the rod the battery tray slides on and put a jack on that to bring that side of the cab up to change that one and had both front mounts loose in this process and started the bolt with new bushing but didn't tighten it. Then moved the jack and block and jacked the other side up from behind the steps, it was by far the hardest to change do to having to reach around the fuel tank, then tightened everything down and was done. Also greased the rubber before sliding them in their holes and they popped right in that way. Doing this fixed my problem with the 3-point lifting, it now lifts with ease and can pull lever back and let go while it raises itself and clicks itself to the hold position which I can't hardly remember it doing before, so this job should have been done a long time ago. If you have anymore questions let me know. Also I only had to fold back the rubber mat to access the front bolts I didn't have to take anything out of the floor.

Edited by Andrew(southernIL) - 17 Mar 2011 at 8:49am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic