This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

535 challenger tractor questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 535 challenger tractor questions
    Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 2:50pm
I recently purchases a 2006 MT 535B challenger FWA tractor with a CVT.  It has 2000 hrs on it and always been serviced by CAT using the schedule in the owners manuald.  Is there anything to watch out for on these tractors or anybody got one.  How do you like it.  I hear it is similiar to the RT AGCO series but never been in anything orange newer than an 8070.  I wanted an orange one, but can't afford one around this area.  I too am disappointed with AGCO's decision, but I will stick with them cause that is the closest dealer and they are super people.  It is supposed to be delievered from Florida this weekend.  I flew out there to check it out and looked very nice.  It was being rented out and that person liked it and wanted to buy it, but I got first dibs on it since I flew 1300 miles to see it.  I met some nice people in the FT Meyers area too.  I guess I'll see what I got after planting season this spring. I purchased for alot less than what they are going for around here.  Greg
Sponsored Links

Dale-OH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale-OH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 3:38pm
The MT535B is actual the same as I believe a MF 7475 based on looking at the specs on tractor data.com   The only difference between these tractors and and Agco RT is the engine.  Agco uses the AGCO Sisu and the others use the Perkins.  We have sold several of the AGCO/ MF in this size range and got along great.  You will not be disappointed. 
Gregor View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 4:18pm
Yep, I was aware of that.  How do they start in the cold weather.  I usually plug in the tractors, but it is supposed to be delivered tomorrow and it will be in the 20's.  I don't like to use either, but if needed to get off the truck, can I give it a sniff of either in the intake or is their some glow plugs that I'm not aware of.  I don't think I seen anything in the book on this other than plug it in.  Thanks Greg
Dale-OH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale-OH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 10:19pm
We dont have a problem with them starting in 20's as long as they have good batteries. If needed a small amout of either wont hurt.  Ill gladly answer any questions that I can to help
Byron WC in SW Wi View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Byron WC in SW Wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 8:56am
I'm not sure on the Perkins.  I have the RT100A with Sisu and it doesn't care for cold weather a whole lot but isn't terrible.  The dealer I bought it from brought it 60+ miles on the back of their truck running because they were afraid it wouldn't start when it got to me.  20 Degrees might be ok with good batteries.

If you use it a couple of times a week it should be fine but I've heard the CVT doesn't  like cold weather either.  Problem I have is if I don't use it for awhile and it's cold.  Then I need to charge the battery and plug it in.
Gregor View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 9:19pm
Thanks, with the weather, it should make it here in the next couple days.  We got about 2 inches of snow today and gusty winds.  The roads are impassible again.  I'm sure I'll have more questions, once I start using it.  Greg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic