This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'53 Allis WD Shifter Casting -- Sideways "1"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garden_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '53 Allis WD Shifter Casting -- Sideways "1"
    Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 10:41am
So was out running my WDs around yesterday, and I remembered a post from facebook about someone saying their crooked shifter had a sideways one on it.

Well my 136XXX S/N crooked shifter tractor is vertical like normal. However, my 141XXX S/N crooked shifter tractor has the sideways "1" on it. I never noticed before!

Did this roll into early WD-45 production? Any idea what range of S/Ns this is isolated to?
Sponsored Links

garden_guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garden_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 8:24pm
So thru some facebook checking I found posts going back to 2018 about this, and people either saying they have or know of a WD with this... I have a 136XXX S/N that appears to not have the issue, someone has a 136425 that they said DOES have the issue... My 141XXX has the issue... Somebody's 139778 has the issue... Somebody with an early '54 WD-45 says theirs is straight... Must be a S/N break on each side of the issue, but must be quite a few of 'em out there. Wonder if it runs up into early WD-45 production.

The FB post I ran across has a much better picture, even the 3 seems iffy:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic