This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

#5 sickle mower

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim-tn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: #5 sickle mower
    Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 12:15pm
Anybody have a manual for a #5 mower on a "C" model. My wife has a new "C" and a #5 sickle mower to go with it. The pressure is on to get it all together and mowing. Thanks.......
Sponsored Links

mdtractormechanic View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdtractormechanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 12:53pm
Are you sure it's a no. 5 mower? That model was made for a CA tractor. The model BC series mower was made for the B & C tractor models.
Joe's 1939 Model WC, 1940 Model RC, 1944 & 1950 Model C's, B-125 PU
Tim-tn View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim-tn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 1:01pm
It could be a BC didn't really know what it was and got on the Agco website, and found the parts manual for the #5, it looks like what I have?
mdtractormechanic View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdtractormechanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 1:07pm
The sheaves (pulleys) on the rear of a BC mower has 1 belt. The no. 5 (CA) mower uses 2 belts. Which do you have?
Joe's 1939 Model WC, 1940 Model RC, 1944 & 1950 Model C's, B-125 PU
Tim-tn View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim-tn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 1:10pm
MD mine has only one belt that makes it a BC correct. I went back to Agco and looked at the BC, not a great deal of difference from looking at both. Thanks....
Tim-tn View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim-tn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 1:17pm
Need to reask my question, anybody got a manual for a BC mower on a "C". Thanks.....
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 1:19pm
To get free stuff, it is good to have an email registered...........
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.
From listening comes wisdom and from speaking comes repentance.
Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise.
Tim-tn View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim-tn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 1:23pm
Glenn sent you a PM.
Jeff(WD45-SATX-TN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(WD45-SATX-TN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 1:37pm
Ah...A new toy to join the other orange Tim?

Cool!
Finally got both my final drives rebuilt and back on the WD45.
Jeff
1954 WD45 NF "Iron Tater"
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 4:55pm
The #5 mower was used for the CA and the B-C.  It was a matter of adjusting the front brackets to place the mower on the B-C or CA. 
As said above the CA #5 has the two steel cable pulleys for the drive. 
Seems like you have gotten it right.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
Larry Miller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 5:13pm
I have a two belt Number 5 that was on a B for sale. All the mounting hardware is there and mower does not have much wear on it. I have a manual but would have it go with the mower. Can send pix w your email address. $200 ?? Located in NW Illinois.
I used to be young and stupid, now I am not young anymore.
Tim-tn View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim-tn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 10:04am
Larry sent you a PM, thanks.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic