This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

4W-305 -- Another Model

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Armand(AZ) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Armand(AZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4W-305 -- Another Model
    Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 9:03am
Been a while since I have posted but I read the forum every morning!!!  Thought I would share a link (hopefully) to my Flickr album of my recent build of the 4W-305.  I have spent about a month on this project.   It is scale to length, wheel base, width and height.  The hood is scale to measurements from Charlie Widlunds tractor.   I just moved to our summer place in the AC mountains yesterday so painting of this model with be on hold until we return to Mesa in Nov.   Let me know if this link don't work.

Sponsored Links

Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 9:06am
Wow that is very nice. How big is it? Looks to be  a fair size. Smile
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 9:26am
Wow that's awesome
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 10:06am
Nice work Armand. I NEVER CEASE TO BE AMAZED at your skill. Thanks for posting.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 10:11am
Armand, you ARE the model master!!! very nice!
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 10:51am
Unbelievable detail!  Great job as usual, Armand.  A beautiful model!
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:26pm
Armand, that’s awesome detail! Thanks for sharing photos. If I may ask, what all material do you use to built these models?
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armand(AZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 1:25pm
Thanks for the comments guys!!

Ed, I build 16th scale so I think it as about 16 inches from the drawbar to the front.  I don't have my measurements here with me.

AC7060,  It is all brass with exception of the rear differential that I borrowed from an 8000 series  model junker.   The wheels and dual rims are plastic, but I make brass liners so I can add more realistic bolts as well as eye bolts on the back hub.

MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 9:57pm
You do great work. We all have a talent but few have that talent.     MACK
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 11:00pm
Another amazing piece of work Armand!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 11:02pm
what you do is not possible....but there it is!
Nate (OH) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nate (OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 2:14am
The detail is mind blowing.   Amazing work!!
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 5:22am
Armand ole' buddy, you've built a lot of cool Tractors and implements over the years, but this one I think puts it over the top! The detail in this one along with the articulating center and driveshaft just puts it over the top! And the darn thing ain't even done yet! Well done buddy, well done again!!
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 6:15am
There is an old saying that goes.....    Anyone can play baseball but there are only a few that are major league .   Armand is a major league builder !!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armand(AZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 10:56pm
Thanks for the comments guys, but I want you to know that I don't post my model projects for recognition, but as my contribution to the AC hobby that we all enjoy.   Basically it fills the void for me of not being able to restore real tractors any more, and also to keep me in contact with all of you who are still into the real tractors.     Armand

Edited by Armand(AZ) - 19 Apr 2019 at 7:54am
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 10:36am
We appreciate what you do as the only "A C manufacturer" still in production.Big smile
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 2:09pm
Yes Armand thank you for sharing your great work and craftsmanship 
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 9:49pm
UNREAL!!! KHD square on the grill. Nice
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 9:53pm
I wish I had a quarter of your talent.  You never cease to amaze me.  I also do not think I would have that patience you exhibit with these models.  AWESOME
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 8:55am
Wow! Unbelievable effort going into that beautiful work of art! 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
JoeO(C-MO) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(C-MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 7:21pm
ABSOLUTLY AMAZING!!!
D10 III, D15 II 3 pt, D15 II SC, 170 Gas w/shuttle, 175 Diesel UI ROPS, 185 w ROPS. AC 653 w/6 way blade, ROPS
AC 615 Ind. WD45 running/Parts.
Jacob (WI,ND) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob (WI,ND) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 8:17pm
Armond, I always look forward to your threads!  Another beautiful job.  I really enjoy looking through your pictures.  Have you ever considered videoing while you work and post it on a YouTube channel?  I'd really like to see the whole process of how you go about building.  Measuring to scale, making templates, how you cut parts out, bending, folding, punching, soldering, painting, and all the rest.  I always keep in the back of my mind I'd like to make scale models like this some day. A video journal would be educational.  For now I'll keep after my full sized tractors, but when I can't do them anymore, I plan on models.
Keep up the good work! 
Jacob Swanson
1920 6-12; 1925,1926 20-35 longfenders; 1925,1926 15-25's; 1927,1929 20-35 shortfenders; C; B's; IB; WC's; WD; WD45
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 8:46pm
that's awesum Armand! does the drive shaft turn when you push the tractor??
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 9:06pm
Now just scale it way up, and put me in an order for two of them. I need new big tractors!
Kurt WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurt WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 6:45am
Wow what great work! How many hours it take you to make that masterpiece?
WD D17D 170 190xt 190xtIII 200 7020
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armand(AZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 8:34am
Thanks again for the comments!!  Can't believe that this project has been looked at 1245 times!!!   Amazing internet!!
Jacob, I don't plan on doing any videos, but would be glad to help you if and when you get into the model hobby!! 

Shameless, you had to go and question the turning drive shaft!!   Now I have to get that out of my mind!!  LOL   It could probably be done.  But I am more interested in solving my brainstorm about working hydraulic cylinders!!!

I don't keep real close track of the hours on a model (mainly I get interrupted by visitors to my shop, which I really enjoy) but I am guessing I have 140+ hours in this model now.  I brought it up to my shop here in the mountains to redo the grill as it isn't recessed enough to suit me.  Then disassembly and painting will take up some time with the interior needing to be tan and the exterior orange.  Not sure how that's going to happen!!!  Then it will take a few hours to fit, cut and install the windows.   Sooo, probably a couple hundred hours when finished!  

BTW, I have started on a model of a 720 forage harvester with hay pickup for my first summer build project!!    I could use a photo or two of how the unit mounts to the axle if anyone has one sitting in the shed.  Not shown very well in the ops manual.  Armand

Randy_Larson View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_Larson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 10:52am
Armand, your talent never ceases to amaze me and detail is tremendous! Keep up the great work!
G,D10,D12,D14,D15,D17gas,D17 diesel,D19 Diesel, D21 Series II,160,190, B1,Bumble Bee 10,B1,HB 212,ACC 30 forklift and snap-coupler equipment
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 10:57am
WoW!! It just can't be overstated, just WoW!!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘β€οΈ
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic