This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

433T engine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 433T engine
    Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 10:10pm
Anyone have any experience with this engine (good or bad)? This is a small (200 cid) turbo diesel used in 6060, 6080 and some other equipment. There is talk in our area of starting up a 5,000 lbs class. Farm stock, of course. the rules look tight enough to control things at least for a while.    Thanks
Sponsored Links

HagerAC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HagerAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 10:26pm
I know they are fuel efficient because we have one in an F2 gleaner combine, and i also know many 6080 tractors came from the factory with over 100 hp.  I would say they are a good working engine, but you gotta keep them wound up, more so than a 301 so i don't know how great they would be for pulling.  I do love that engine though don't get me wrong.  The 433T was in the 6060, and the 433I was in the 6080 meaning they were also intercooled.
30+ A-Cs ranging from a 1928 20-35, to a 1984 8070FWA, Gleaner R52
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 6:30am
it is a 4 cyl version of the 301, so what makes a 301 run will also work on a 200cid 433. cam, turbo, and fuel!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
skipwelte View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skipwelte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 10:13am
they had a great torque curve, but needed a counter balancer so they wouldnt shake apart.
lost soul View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 4:56pm
Thanks for the info. Sorry I haven't responded quicker. Been out of town on business and no computer access. What size turbo is standard?
wheatbreeder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheatbreeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 7:25pm
In F2 combines the are great as they are belt drive no clutch pack problems as in the 6080 great motors had a 6080 and F2 combine the like to be plugged in to heater in cold weather 

Morley 
Farm stuff 8050,6690,175,F2,5050,WD
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 7:41pm
AirResearch TO-3 turbo......long lived and great performance....had several that ran 8,000 plus hrs in a tractor. Hard starters?? yes...lower compression on the earliest ones, but once she was lit it ran so nice you forgot about it.
lost soul View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 2:57pm
Great info as always. If we go off the deep end ( and we have before!) any suggestions for nozzle tips, fuel flow, timing? Thanks in advance.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 6:42pm
EDM'd nozzles, and a hot pump, with a to4 or something similar. Would be a neat project. Send me a pm if you get serious about a fuel system. I'm sure someone on here can be better at recommending a turbo than I can.Keep us posted. Ed.
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 6:50pm
I'd use one from a 200 or 7000 or 7010......AirResearch brand that is........only way it will work is to increase the fuel substaintially.
Tim-tn View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim-tn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 7:10pm
Hey Dr. Allis what two turbo's would you recommend for a 301 two charger set-up? A model Bosch(450 cc's fuel), nozzles to match, big lines , cam  mildly ported head. Going to run about 3800 rpm's.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 7:48pm
For beginners...3LM466 on the bottom and an S-3 on the top......for advanced pullers..S-3 on the bottom and S400 on the top. The first combination will get a 190 chassis into road gear at 6500-7000 lbs with 24.5 x 32 tires.
lost soul View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 11:18pm
Thanks to all. I'll keep everyone posted as this goes forward.
B52FXR View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B52FXR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 9:27pm
New Injector pump, injectors, cleaned the lines.................injector pump on and al I have a knocking where the injector puimp mounts to the front housing when I crank the engine over. It is putting out fuel..............I have a little smoke coming out of the exhaust. But it won't even kick like it is starting. I thought I had it 180 degrees out...............and I pulled the injector pump back off and turned the engine 180 degrees again and reinstalled it. Worse now...................So I will put it back on the way I originally installed it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
B52FXR View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B52FXR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 9:28pm
My engine is a 433 non turbo.................in a 653 Dozer

ACjack View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 9:41am
Originally posted by skipwelte skipwelte wrote:

they had a great torque curve, but needed a counter balancer so they wouldnt shake apart.
The early ones (no counter balancer's, turbo's or intercoolers) were called D2200's. For awhile sometime in the 70's AC stopped buliding the D2200's. When they resumed building them there had the crank driven counter balancer and a turbo. Then latter they added the intercooler.
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 5:41pm
just thinking out loud, while waiting ... If I were building a farm pulling unit I would send Ed the pump and let him put a 37mm or larger head in , find a 2200 head to use the 7080 injectors or again trust Ed or others here on a bosch tip, either American or Robert as both were used, and if you are turning over stock Rpm's loose the balancer as it is cast iron and would be a grenade potential.
The stock turbo will be ok up to about 135 hp where it will destruct.
IF you go with the To4 use the .8 A//R exhaust. If you have to stay stock find a larger A/R housing to prevent overspeed. Many years ago we maxed out a stock pump on a 6080 and the boost hit nearly 35 PSI - then failed the turbo shortly thereafter when we turned it back down. We think it was close to 130 HP at about 2400.... and that was an AirResearch stock. I would think 150-160 honest hp would be obtainable with water inj and w/o a lot of $ and would live ok. Any more and you are talking cubic $$. The early pistons were also lower compression , like 14:1
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
Mike8cyl View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike8cyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 8:49am
I just heard about this 433ti! I need one for my hd4 haha! Should be a bolt in deal if anyone has a good engine they are lookin to sell complete pm me thanks guys :) I'd love to follow this project more aswell post pics if you can
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic