This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'43 AC C TRACTOR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Levibridge95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '43 AC C TRACTOR
    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 6:51pm
I just bought myself a '43 AC C for $300. Been sitting for a while so im hoping it wont take much to get it running. How interchangeable are the parts between a'43 C and '51 B's? What I'm thinking is i can take my engine from my B and put it in the C. The C has a magneto while the B has a distributor.
Sponsored Links

Boss Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 8:40pm
I'm no expert, but it shouldn't be a problem. just need to change the wiring a little to work with the distributor 
Levibridge95 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Levibridge95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Boss Man Boss Man wrote:

I'm no expert, but it shouldn't be a problem. just need to change the wiring a little to work with the distributor 
actually I was thinking of keeping the magneto. I got spoiled by not needing a battery all the time.
Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 9:35pm
The shop manual that covers both tractors has some help:

http://geraldj.networkiowa.com/Trees/Allis-Chalmers-G-B-C-CA-Service.pdf

Gerald J.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic