This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

4 speed transmission for B

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Davenport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4 speed transmission for B
    Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 2:21pm
Which models have a 4 forward speed transmissions that will interchange in a 52 B that has 3? 
Life is what happens while you are making plans for the future
Sponsored Links

Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 2:22pm
CA
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
GregLawlerMinn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregLawlerMinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 6:28pm
There are many B/C/CA hybreds out there. The 4 spd tranny from a CA will bolt up to the B.
What this country needs is more unemployed politicians-and lawyers.
Currently have: 1 D14 and a D15S2.
With new owners: 2Bs,9CAs,1WD,2 D12s,5D14s,3D15S2s, 2D17SIVs,D17D,1D19D;1 Unstyled WC
Scott(SC) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott(SC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 6:49pm
Will the B/C PTO housing go onto the CA tranny?
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 7:45pm
Make sure you grind off the CA serial number or you will have a CA and not a B :-)
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 7:49pm
On this same line, I have heard about, but never seen a 5 speed in a WC-WD45. Have any of you ever heard this?
Ted in NE-OH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted in NE-OH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 8:01pm
Big smileHow about the number of lobes, the CA has 4 and the B has only 2.
CA, WD, C, 3 Bs, 2 Gs, WC, I-400, 914
Scott(SC) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott(SC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 8:06pm
I have a CA transmission I want to put on Kaleb's C. He doesn't want to give up the bench seat and the hydraulic pump is missing from the CA. If the C PTO housing will work back, that's the way I want to go.
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 10:57am
As stated above the B had a three speed transmission for it's life.  However, I have heard as stated above that some attach the CA transmission to a B and it works well.  Did we do it when we sold them?  NO
I can just imagine it will make it a better unit.
Take good care of my favorite.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
steve View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 11:11am
I have done this. But you will need a complete transmission case, pto housing and ca hydraulic pump. And to put on the B finals you will have to change the CA final drive  bearing shell which are in the differential with ones from a B. The CA has larger bearing holders than the B. Atleast mine was that way. early B and 52 CA transmission.
51 CA, 57 CA, 53 CA(in progress)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic