This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

39 B

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLBPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 39 B
    Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 8:20pm
Here is my 39 B project almost complete. Waiting for the Carb to come back from Denny's

Sponsored Links

DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 8:45pm
Very nice job! Looks like everything is the way it originally came.
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 8:50pm
What is the configuration of the rear wheel attachment? I thought they had the round nut with two flat sides.

By the way, VERY nice looking B.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain
Mark in Iowa View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark in Iowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 9:11pm
Beautiful B, very nice work!!
Murph-NC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murph-NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 9:18pm
That's a planter drive adapter plate, or something like that, on the rear wheel.  My B had one when I got it... gave it to another forum member.
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 9:19pm
Thanks, Murph, that explains it.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 9:23pm
6 bolt front wheels, war rear fenders, ...seen photos of tractor with the throttle quadrent mounted low on the column, but never a real tractor--- nice.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 9:32pm
Very nice tractor! I bought the riveted front rim assembly for my '39 B this summer... I'm ready for it to be spring again so I'll be out of school and fixing up the tractor. Mine is very similar to your tractor except my B has the gas engine and manifold. My throttle control is up higher and the fenders might be different too.

And of course yours is far prettier! Congratulations on a job well done.
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
RLBPA View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLBPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 10:45am
Here is the before picture December 2009

clovis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clovis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 10:53am
That is absolutely unbelievable!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic