This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'39 Allis B question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark in Iowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '39 Allis B question
    Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 2:08pm
When I choke my '39 Allis B to cold start, the carb drips gas out immediately after one crank and floods. How do I solve this issue?

Thanks for your help. 
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 2:21pm
choke shuts off the air from the air cleaner and causes more SUCTION inside the carb, so it pull excess gas from the bowl into the throat and toward the intake manifold... TOO MUCH Choke or real COLD where things dont atamize and you have raw gas in the throat.. There is a drip hole to let the gas LEAK out instead of drowning the carburetor..

I would suggest using 75% choke and see if it will start..... If you have additional problems after that, the FLOAT may be a bit too high making it easier to flood.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 2:23pm
make sure your air cleaner is clean, and the oil cup is proper level.... When it does start, is everything OK after that ? ... or are you saying it never starts ?
Mark in Iowa View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark in Iowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 2:26pm
Thanks Steve for your help. I will try 75% choke and will check the oil bath.

Thankjs again, Mark
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 2:29pm
I choke mine about 75% and push the start button.. Engine rolls over 1 time and i can hear the FIRE... i push the choke in immediately in the summer.. Might keep it 25% on in the winter for a minute or two.
Mark in Iowa View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark in Iowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2023 at 6:23am
Perfect, thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic