This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

38in tiers for a wd45

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halstead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 38in tiers for a wd45
    Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 9:09pm
do you guys know where i can get a set of 38s that will fit a wd45.in central IN
Sponsored Links

WildBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 10:52pm
Need to build them. Cut centers out weld 8 bolt in! Well worth the work . 14.9 38 is excellent for average hp . FYI there is another post going on about all this and good topics .
Allis fan for life !   B,C,2-WC'S,WD45G,D19G,190xt ,LLSS 8010, terra tiger refurbished
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2012 at 11:39am
or make 8 bolt to 9 bolt adapters and you can use 9 bolt dual wheels and narrow up your width quiet a bit
Davewestnewyork View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davewestnewyork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 5:52am
Some massey tractors ran a 8 bolt with 38s
farmer_rob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer_rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 7:59am
I'm thinking of doing the same but wondering if I'll have enough power. Should I change or swap crown and pinion with one from d17 /wd45d?
if farming was easy everybody would be doing it
WEL(IN&TN) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEL(IN&TN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 10:37am
Jason from Tennessee is running 16.9X26 combine tires on his WD. Those tires hooked up very well at Tunica this week. Actually he pulled better than some WD/WCs with 38 inch tires. Surprised me!
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 2:59pm
I talked to my friends last night on their way home from Tunica, said it's a sandy track and didn't take a lot of power, to easy to break traction.  Every tire has it's day/track.

I bought some 8 bolt pattern repair rings for about $35 each from a local equipment dealer.  I bought a real light pair of John Deere 9 bolt pressed steel wheels at an auction and scored some free tires at one of my jobs.  I cut the centers out, blasted everything clean, moved the centers in the rims for a 60" spaceing on center when put on the WD45 and I cut the 9 bolt ring out and welded the 8 bolt in.  A bit of work but it looks good.   Here's a bad pic, but the only one I had.

Edited by wi50 - 02 Dec 2012 at 3:00pm
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 3:33pm
A fellow told me once that this couldnt be done.

Edited by mlpankey - 02 Dec 2012 at 3:34pm
cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 1:46pm
  LOL! Dont steal my thunder WI50! This is my first year pulling. i went from a STOCK WD to what I have now, and finishing 4th in the 4500# at the Southern Nationals sure made me feel good!  Laying all jokes aside, those 16.9x26 tires have done very well with my engine set up. Around here close to home we have tacky clay tracks, I havn't ever pulled on a sandy track like Tunica has, it was very sandy but not sandy enough for second gear. I tried it in the 4000#, it had enough bite to put the fire out! I do feel I need a taller tire, I still have a "spin out" problem, everyone suggests 38" rubber. But, to maintain 3 MPH or less with 38" you will have to have serious lugging power in my opinion. 
C, WD45,WD puller, 185, 200, 7060 Red Belly, 7060 Black Belly,8010, and a R52 Gleaner, AND PROUD OF THEM!
IL-D17 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IL-D17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 6:11pm
I put 14.9x38s on my D17 and in 1st on the hi side, it runs 3-3.1 mph at 1950 rpm. I gained about .5 mph over the 14.9x28s that were on it.  It dynos at 55 HP and depending on the track I can stay in hi pulling the 4500 but any heavier than that I've gotta use my PD where allowed. I wish the gap between HI and LOW was a little narrower but I plan to cure all that by gaining several more ponies. Wink
cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 6:53pm
On my tractor with 16.9x26's it will run 3.8 mph in first gear. Of course as the load increases and slippage statrts it works out very good in a 3 mph class. I have found a set of 16.9x34's on pressed wheels but after reading on here I have second thoughts of any benifit. The only plus is they have half the lug the tires I have now are. I am struggeling with the idea of stepping up to the div. 2 farm stock next season. I can add aluminum wheels and cut tires, this will allow me to hook in the 3500# classs and run 3.5 mph. I only need to loose a 100#'s or so.  
C, WD45,WD puller, 185, 200, 7060 Red Belly, 7060 Black Belly,8010, and a R52 Gleaner, AND PROUD OF THEM!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic