This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3500 series engine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3500 series engine
    Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 6:47pm
Hi folks ,been awhile since my last post.I did get my 7060 power director fixed.The clutch plates were warped like frisbees,I also had .250 machined off of the low range piston & put another friction & spacer in , the tractor has performed flawless all summer thanks to all who gave advice.I now have another question for you folks,my boss has bought another Allis 7060 with a 3500 series engine in it , it's a power shift . It has some issues , I was wondering if anyone knows what the compression psi should be on this engine as I will
run a compression test on it tomorrow.Thanks …Frank
Sponsored Links

MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 9:11pm
Depends on how you check it, running or spinning it with starter. I have never been big on compression testing. Too many things effect compression checks.   MACK
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 6:30am
cranking it with the starter, I'd want to see 300 at least, 350 even better. Running on 5 cylinders it's supposed to be 450 if memory serves me correctly.
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 7:07am
All injectors removed and a battery charger connected, you should see 350 psi or a little more on a healthy engine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic