This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

344 Buda oil pan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCPatriot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 344 Buda oil pan
    Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 7:51pm
I am looking for an oil pan for my HD6G . It’s a 1969 344 Buda engine . If not is it possible to weld a patch panel on?
Sponsored Links

Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 8:20pm
Pan rotted, or something exited leaving a hole? If rusted out it can be repaired but you will need a larger area than the hole covered/replaced. I'm assuming a stamped steel pan on the engine.
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 5:18am
Should be Cast as was the one on my 7G.
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 5:59am
Seems that is the tractor the gent put a bunch of time and money into and the engine started hammering? It must not have sold for them.

Aluminum, or iron pan if cast? Cast pans are fairly easily repaired with tig welding after removal from the engine and blasted clean. Seen a couple guys try "JB-Weld" type repairs that don't hold up from the thermal expansion and contraction endured and I wouldn't waste time with that type attempt myself. 

Most any decent welding shop doing repair work can take care of it easy enough. 
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 6:04am
Should be Cast steel, not much Iron products out there for LONG time.
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 6:13am
If cast steel, easy repair by most anyone that can weld. Still would require a good cleaning/blasting for cleanliness as oil embedded into the pores makes for nasty repairs.....

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 6:38am
Yep
TCPatriot View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCPatriot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 2:20pm
Same one that developed a knock . A guy drove across the state to check it out . I prewarned him but he wanted to hear it run . She fired right up but shot the connecting rod out .
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 5:49pm
Unfortunately, my suspicions panned out. So you are stuck with a blown engine now? Should be parts available but the engine will need removed to address the crankshaft damage at the least. Then the gaskets and seals, etc. Easy to get upside down rather quickly with the escalating costs to rebuild an engine these days.

Sorry to hear this but a couple thousand should get decent repairs done with you furnishing most of the labor to have a good tractor. From your photos it looks to be in decent shape before the engine problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic