This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

325 cid engine for sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 325 cid engine for sale
    Posted: 13 Apr 2014 at 10:58am
A friend dropped of a pile of parts for me to sell for him. A 201 engine at 325 cid. I'll give the good bad and ugly on it.

Block is a 201 block, bored with large sleeves, currently 4.440" bore. Bores are great and have very little use. Sleeves are thick enough to bore to 4.6". Block is cracked above the bottom web in the water jacket. It's partially filled and shouldn't be an issue, I'm simply making you aware that it is cracked.

Pistons are JE forged 4.440" bore flat top with a single valve relief. .990" pin. Pistons are very nice condition, just a bit of run time.

Rods are from a Chrystler industrial engine, 7 15/16" long center to center, uses a 2.0625" crankpin. have a .990" wrist pin bore in them. Rods are polished and balanced, have ARP bolts from a BBC in them. Nice strong rod for the application.

Crank is a WD45 crank with 5.25" stroke and set to fit the Chrystler rods. I have some clean up work to do and cosmetics on the crank and will then have it ground and an additional grind put on (offset to the crankpin grind) the to increase the strength. (sometime I'll show a picture of what step I'm referring to that people miss) It will be supplied with new bearings.

The head has been ported and has larger valves installed, 1.94 intakes. It's a short 3" tall Leroi head.

There's some of the core engine parts there but it needs a camshaft, lifters, oil pump, some plumbing, oil pan, etc. Buyer will have a little clean up work to do, some core parts to supply and have a cam ground and degreed to it.

I would gladly sell just the crank, rod and piston combo, or sell it as a complete with the block, or with the head. The pistons are thick enough that I could machine them and drop the compression ratio, or you could use a thinner head gasket and raise the ratio some. I think we can get down to 10 to 1 or up to 12 to 1 ratio with out much work. I'd just need to measure up some things and do a little math.

I would finish the engine out and sell a complete turn key engine, but I am out of time for the year. By the time I do it and put any value to the time and work, additional items needed it's just not something I'm going to do until snow hits next year and I have time. I don't want it sitting around..........no "i'll take it but hold it for me". For someone willing to clean things up, get a cam ground and buy a few parts and supply some core parts they can have a good engine ready in a matter of a few weeks.

He wants a certain amount for it, and it's reasonable. I'm going to put a little work and money in the crank, buy some new bearings, etc. You are buying the crank, new bearings, rods, pistons, rings and various parts....I'm putting very little value to the block though if it were mine I'd simply use the block.

I can't give an exact price, real close to $1500 for the package is where I'll be on it. I just need to see what I end up spending on a couple things. That's a deal. You supply some time to clean up and assemble, some core parts and spend a couple hundred bucks grinding a cam, a few hundred more on ignition, msc parts, and you'll be into a good engine for around $2000

If you wanted a different block and piston package, I have a block that is line bored, larger sleeves put in, new pistons and rings, bored, honed and decked. Blasted clean inside and out before any machine work and painted. Very nice 201 block with new Sealed Power pistons, 4.28" bore. Add $700 for this block. It's been spoken for many times but as of yet no one has shown up with cash in hand.

I have other parts around if someone wants a different combination of items.

Marty
715-790-1869

"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic