This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

210 pics chiseling and a question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 210 pics chiseling and a question
    Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 8:02pm
I thought I would post some pics of pulling a Chem-Farm 12 shank chisel. Using 3 inch twisted shovels 12 to 14 inches deep. Now for my ? How hot should this run? In third low it will run 230 degrees or more. I have went to second low and temp dropped to 210 to 215. The ground is really hard. I could pull in fourth or fifth but I believe the temp would go up  When throttling back on the ends it will at times put water out the over flow. TIA Bill
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 8:12pm
First thing is be sure the fan belts are in good shape and t-i-g-h-t tight!! .....they are the size of a shoe string and must be kept tight or the fan slips.
Oldoug View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 9:19pm
Two-Ten's are known to run hot I think, they had way to small of a radiator for what was there when you work them hard.  Dad had one back in the day and he had a terrible time when he used to plow with it pushing the needle into the red then he would round off the corners of the field and let it cool down some.  He put a seven blade fan on it later and that helped some.
Lester View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 6:07am
Put the aircleaner on the side of tractor will help some. 210s and D-21s only held 21qts and the big aircleaner was put in front of the radiator.
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 8:22am

We pulled the exact same chisel in fourth with our 220 last spring. The 220 will never go over mid range on the gauge. Doc is right about the belts, the fan will slip on our 220 unless they are very tight, our pulleys are like new. With worn pulleys Id bet you cant keep the fan from slipping?

Edited by Butch(OH) - 04 Oct 2010 at 8:47am
Rawleigh View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rawleigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 9:11am
Are all shrouds in place and are any foam baffles in good shape?  You might be able to add an electric fan on the front of the radiator to increase airflow.  Have you flushed and acid cleaned the cooling system recently?  Water Wetter is a product that racers use in their coolant to increase its ability to carry off heat.

http://www.redlineoil.com/Products.aspx?pcid=10

Edited by Rawleigh - 04 Oct 2010 at 9:12am
Adam Stratton View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 7:26am
I cant tell for sure in the pictures, but do you still have black smoke when the chisel is out of the ground?  The only times our 210 has really ran hot was when it had fuel problems.  Somehow somewhere down the line, a piece of rag (or something that looks like it) ended up in the fuel tank of ours, and ever so often a piece will end up lodged in the supply lines and it will run hot.  After we get everything cleaned out again, it will pull a 20' Great Plains drill in 5th all day in July and not get hot.  Wouldnt hurt much to make sure you had good fuel flow and maybe change filters.  Good luck!
TravisDBrant View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TravisDBrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 9:11pm
Bill, Im almost positive that twoten you got there, was mine and I sold it a while back to you. If thats the one you bought in Somerset Pa than that be mine. You say its running a little hot well a good rad flush wouldnt hurt and also remember I told you that tractor dynoed at 196HP!
ACMAN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 6:31pm

Travis this is the tractor ! I tightened the belts and dropped 20 degrees, and went up a gear. Also found that the cap bottom seal was gone replaced it now I can hold my water lol. By the way power is not an issue did loose traction in some heavy gumbo. It runs around 205 to210 degrees now.

wfmurray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 7:19pm
Dad bought a d-14 new .It run hot pulling dise in 2nd high.Put can of STP in and could pull it in 3 rd high and never get on red.
TravisDBrant View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TravisDBrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 10:33pm
Yea that would explain the water leakin cuz I never had that problem, but I was told that since it was pushing that kinda horse with no intercooler and small rad design it would run hot if you didnt watch it. But Im glad its working out for you, we still have that 220 back home and guess they been using it alot. Dad was complaining that I sold the 210 so it looks like im breaking down and buying an open station 7080, but you know the sad thing is I still live down in Mississppi.....  So I take it the 210 is doing fine for you.  Well I hope it considering the price I let it go for lol....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic