This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 point for a B

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 point for a B
    Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 5:53pm
I wanted to try out a PTO finish mower I have with the B, has anyone made a 2 point attachment system? I don't need to lift the mower, just drag it along behind the tractor.

I need to get a overrun clutch, the B is 1 1/8", what is the standard PTO shaft size now? 
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 8:47pm
i have a very heavy old 6 ft disc that i use with the B. Its too heavy to lift. I use the bottom two arms of the 3 point hitch to raise and lower the disc. I have a 8 inch trail wheel out a foot behind the disc that lets the disc pivot up and down on it. You might be able to do something like that. I have a drawbar on the front of the disc that pivots in the center when connected to the 3 point arms. That lets me turn slightly with the disc in the ground........... New PTO is 1-3/8 diameter, 6 spline. You can buy adaptors for the 1-1/8.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
countryguy828 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote countryguy828 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 8:52pm
Here is a pic of me loading my B onto the trailer with a woods 6 ft 3 pt mower.
It does make the front end pretty light. I am hoping the new front weights Fred Winner made up for me take care of that problem.

It does fine pulling the mower. Biggest issue I have had was trying to mow wet grass that was taller than the front tires. It didn't care for that much at a time, taking less of a swath for the thick stuff was fine.

Currently this tractor is dis-assmebled for paint.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic