This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1981 Allis 6080 surging issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1981 Allis 6080 surging issues
    Posted: 07 May 2017 at 9:52pm
I have a 6080 that will run anywhere from 10 minutes to 30 minutes and will then start to surge.  It will surge two or three times and then will die.  It will not restart for 12 - 24 hours and then we repeat the cycle.  I have changed fuel filter - bled lines - changes fuel lines.   Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links

wekracer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wekracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 6:05am
Sounds like something in the fuel tank. I just had a similar issue with a 175. I siphoned out the tank and put a piece of 1" hose on the end of the shop vac and sucked the tank out good. It's been fine since but I haven't run it much. Good luck
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 7:02am
Originally posted by wekracer wekracer wrote:

Sounds like something in the fuel tank. I just had a similar issue with a 175. I siphoned out the tank and put a piece of 1" hose on the end of the shop vac and sucked the tank out good. It's been fine since but I haven't run it much. Good luck

Agree
Unless it has a cab not hard at all to pull the tank and clean it.
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 7:08am
The shut off tee in the bottom of the tank is known to be easily restricted. Check for a strong flow at the tee.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 8:06am
flex ring breaking down in pump, and the pieces are plugging the return fitting in the top of the pump. Take it out, see if it's plugged, and clean it out and it will buy you some time until you can get the pump rebuilt.
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 8:47am
Following ED,loosen screws holding timing window to relieve pressure and see if it starts right up.If that works,be time for rebuild.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic