This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1980 7045 for sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1980 7045 for sale
    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 10:27pm
I'm selling my 7045. Serial #3627, good running tractor with front and rear weights, LED lighting, new radio and speakers. A/C works but needs to be recharged. Rear tires are 20.4x38. Asking $8000.00 or best offer.
Call Dennis at 815-742-0823.

The pin hole is out of round by .120"

Edited by DennisA (IL) - 22 Jul 2019 at 11:26am
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
Sponsored Links

JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 10:05am
Looks nice! Should sell pretty quick at that price
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 11:44am
Nice!  I really like the steps.  I have always thought that access to AC tractors was pretty much an afterthought except for the D series.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

Nice!  I really like the steps.  I have always thought that access to AC tractors was pretty much an afterthought except for the D series.
Yeah.  And those steps even hold you up some when  you get good and stuck! LOL  At that point, you may have to take them off and straighten them some.  Not that I would know first handEmbarrassed
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 7:01pm
Are you the original owner? May I ask what implements were pulled with it ? Thanks
DennisA (IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 9:06pm
I'm the 2nd owner. I've only used it to pull a 6 row planter and wagons of shelled corn.
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 3:19pm
bump
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 7:02pm
I don't know the original owner but was told that it was mostly used to grind feed and it has the original tires. As for hours the tech shows about 3700 hrs, will need a cab kit, no duals, power director and no engine history. The only issues are A/C needs to be recharged which I have 4 cans that go with the tractor, needs a cab kit and the seal for the back window needs to be replaced. It's a great running tractor and I don't want to sell it but I need the money more.
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
calico190xt68 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calico190xt68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 9:58pm
That sounds like a nice deal but that is a lot of horsepower. I wish you luck. I bought a sweet 7010 with working AC and not one single leak. Tractor looks nice but 3700 hours is hard to believe. We will see what happens.
80 7010 w/Cab, 67 190XTD Series I w/500 Loader, AC 2000 Plow, AC 4 row Planter, AC 77G Rake, Member Indiana A-C Partners, Member TAC
calico190xt68 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calico190xt68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 10:04pm
I neglected to mention for about same price. It looks like a good deal. Like those suitcase weights in front.
80 7010 w/Cab, 67 190XTD Series I w/500 Loader, AC 2000 Plow, AC 4 row Planter, AC 77G Rake, Member Indiana A-C Partners, Member TAC
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 8:57pm
The egged-out drawbar/ hours is a ?? to me. We run a 20 year older XT  that pulleds hard tillage tools with less egging,JMO,  good luck,
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 9:58pm
Really ??    Drawbar hole looks very ROUND to me. It also looks like an operating grinder mixer that sat on it for long periods of time for the wear on the top.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 10:23pm
I said "JMO". I drill holes in cabinet doors  3 out of 5 days a week so am pretty sure what a "round" hole looks like. Did not reference the longitudinal wear at all Sleepy ?? 
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 10:26pm
So, what's your JMO on original rear tires  ?? looks like it could be 3700 hrs doesn't it ??

Edited by DrAllis - 19 Jul 2019 at 10:27pm
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 10:39pm
Have no experience with tire tread/hour. After looking at the OP's pics and comparing the shoes on our '68 XT that was bought used  25 years ago with the same shoes on it today, the tread is basically the same. I was told to look at drawbar pin hole roundness and clutch/brake pedal wear pertaining to hours/use(abuse) of a piece of machinery or vehicle,didn't intend to ruffle feathers. 
I am not taking away from the OP's post at all, it IS a good looking machine.
I will admit that our "newest" tractor is the '68 XT, we also run a '69 180 and previously ran a WD, D-17 S2(best tractor EVER produced from any manufacturer),D-19 gas;demise of ALLIS CHALMERS, again-JMO, and a D 15. To my knowledge, they had pretty much round holes in the drawbars except for the 180 that dad filled in with hard surface weldind rods to make it round. Perhaps the '80's vintage tractors had  different shaped holes in the drawbars?? If so, my apologies.

Edited by FREEDGUY - 19 Jul 2019 at 10:59pm
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 3:05am
In the 3rd photo it does look egg shaped, in the 4th photo it looks round. Maybe it is just camera angle.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 7:00am
Nice original tractor. Well worth the money!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
DougS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 7:27am
List it on the classifieds and leave it at that. Let those who are seriously considering purchasing it do the nit-picking. It's a good-looking tractor, but I wouldn't buy it sight-unseen. Serious buyers would be contacting you in private anyway. You needn't defend what you said to anyone else.
Austin IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Austin IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 7:54am
FREEDGUY don't mind Dr. Allis. He is a jackass to everyone. Its a shame a guy with so much knowledge about allis stuff, has to be such an arrogant smartass. But then again by giving yourself the name "Dr" pretty much says it all. (That's my opinion)
200 10and20 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200 10and20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 8:05am
Originally posted by Austin IL Austin IL wrote:

FREEDGUY don't mind Dr. Allis. He is a jackass to everyone. Its a shame a guy with so much knowledge about allis stuff, has to be such an arrogant smartass. But then again by giving yourself the name "Dr" pretty much says it all. (That's my opinion)
Mommy forget to change your diaper this morning? Dr wasn't being a smartass simply stating the facts. He has apparently proved you wrong on something before and now your pouting about it. Get over it.
Austin IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Austin IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 5:04pm
He hasn't proved me wrong on anything. Never talked to the guy. I hardly ever post on here but I follow a lot of posts and it seems to be a common theme when "The doctor" post. There is really no reason to be that way.

Edited by Austin IL - 20 Jul 2019 at 5:07pm
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 9:14pm
Someone commenting on drawbar wear and questioning the hours on the tach, when they don't even have a similar model in their farming operation isn't hardly fair is it ??  It certainly doesn't do anything positive for the seller. I really hate to see people given bad advice and information when it comes to their AC equipment problems. In the end it usually costs them more $$$ and downtime.  Austin, you have a nice day and I hope you never have any equipment problems, and if you do, I sure hope you get the correct advice needed to get up and running again as quickly and inexpensively as possible.
AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 11:07pm
Austin, regardless of your personal opinion, Dr Allis has helped many, and I mean many of us on this forum through problems with our A-C's, and saved us a lot of money in the process. Between him and MACK, I honestly think they forgot more than most of us will ever know.
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
Fogarty View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fogarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 7:06am
Dr Allis.
Thanks for the advice on this forum. It certainly has helped me and a few other Allis guys in my neighborhood.
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 7:21am
So you aren't feeling well. You go to the doctor, and your worst fears are confirmed.
"You have two choices for the surgery," the MD tells you. "Doctor Jones, our resident loveable warm and fuzzy who will do his best but doesn't like hurting people so, maybe he'll get all the tumors but if not well, he's got an amazing bedside manner. Which you'll need for the next 4 months that you'll be with us before you, uh, well before you die."
"And the other choice?" you ask.
"Oh, well the other choice... uh, that'd be Doctor Allis. Yes, he'll surely get the job done, and you'll probably be walking out of here the day after surgery, but the guy has NO bedside manner to speak of. He'll give it to you so straight you'd better be sitting down when he tells you. But hey, it's your choice..."

So who the hell do YOU want advice from?
Austin IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Austin IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 9:05am
Great comparison. I guess you agree with me then. You can scroll thru several post on here and see his comment aren't always giving advice. Half the time its just an attempt to belittle someone. There are plenty of mechanics to get good advice from. I like straightforward and honest advice, I just don't need the attitude and arrogance. So to answer your question Tim, I will find a doctor that can get the job done and I can also have a normal conversation with.
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 12:43pm
I think I missed the mark I was trying to hit; first, Austin, I was not singling you out. Not at all, sorry if it came across that way. Neither was it my intent to influence anyone in one way or another, rather to simply point out that sometimes it's necessary to chew the hay and spit out the stubble. A thing said or done that one person finds offensive isn't even considered or noticed by someone else. Just take what you like and separate it from what you don't and voila', ta-dah and hoorah, that's my happy place lol!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 11:29am
I just added a few more pictures to my original post to address pin hole and pedal wear.
No need to argue with each other, just ask the questions.

Edited by DennisA (IL) - 22 Jul 2019 at 11:30am
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 11:35am
Good looking tractor Dennis. I spent many hours in dad's 7045 with the power shift and thought it was pretty dang cool. Sure wish I had a need for one or I would be knocking on your door to look at it. Good luck with the sale.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 11:42am
Good thinking Dennis ,, and thanks , some ppl just don't have sence sometime and just don't get it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic