This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1979 AC 715 Backhoe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trucktoys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1979 AC 715 Backhoe
    Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 4:15pm
Hi:

I am looking at buying an 1979 AC 715 Backhoe.  Can some one tell me the weight of this back hoe?  Any other info would be helpful.  Thanks
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 4:27pm
couple other posts here on 715 machines .
Perkins engine , 4 sp borg warner transmission , torque converter with few/rev clutch pack
14 ft hoe std. 1yd bucket.
say around 12 to 14000 pounds . orbital hyd steering ,
watch for crack on front timing cover by hyd pump , weak sopt if there is not a brace update kit put on to keep hyd pump from flexing housing under heavy load.

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 19 Mar 2011 at 4:28pm
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
trucktoys View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trucktoys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 4:30pm
Thank-you!!! 
sabdfb View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabdfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 6:16pm
i have a 715d with backhoe and loader,trans is blowing fluid back out the overflow.dropped the pan and i had some brass shavings in the fluid.i live in the rapid city sd area and i'm having problems finding someone to work on.also wondering about replacement parts for the funk trans,are they still available?
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 11:31am
Couple people on here have posted on parts , believe someone in MI has a kit for the Fwd/ Rev unit  when i checked on mine.
 Believe it is like 17 Hrs for R&R of tranys and clutch pack. / If you cant find the old post you can try Herc-U-Lift in Mpls MN as they were a AC dealer on those machines.
Know for sure of who i will not recommend as they took me to cleaners when I had mine done in shop, should have done it myself. Bunch of crooks at Carlson Tractor in Rosemount MN shop.
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic