This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1965 190 pulling tractor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeff n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1965 190 pulling tractor
    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 6:49pm
I went to a pull a couple weeks ago I was pulling 8000 lbs @ 8mph about 1/2 way down the track it just stopped like it went into neutral. I got in hooked put it in gear and drove off. Added 1000 lbs tried it again same thing happened. At home I checked trans oil was a little low . Went pulling last Saturday in the 7000 pound class had no problem. Added 1000 and it stopped 1/2 way down the track. Any ideas? The previous owner never had a problem last yr. I know the guy really well so I trust him.
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 7:07pm
Either the foot clutch or the Power Director clutch. How many HP are you running and what gear were you in ??
jeff n View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeff n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 7:23pm
The last pull I was in 3rd high both times. The first time it happened I was in 3rd low.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 7:34pm
Set your brakes hard. Place the transmission in 4th (road gear) with the Power Director clutch in neutral. Engage the PTO and throttle the engine wide open with your foot off of the foot clutch. Have someone watch the PTO shaft or tie a flag on it so you can see it turning. Engage the Power Director into High or Low side fully and see if the PTO stops. If the PTO stops, you have foot clutch issues. Make sure there is a MINIMUM of 2 inches of freeplay in the clutch pedal. If the PTO stays running, you need to check Power Director clutch pressures and get them to 320 PSI on BOTH low and high sides.
jeff n View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeff n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 7:36pm
Thanks for the help I'll try it Monday.
bradley6874 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 10:15pm
Well what’s the verdict
You can wash the dirt off the body but you can’t wash the farmer out of the heart and soul
jeff n View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeff n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 6:04pm
I haven't had a chance to try what the Dr said. As soon as I do I'll post what's going on with it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic