This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

190xt pd ?s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 190xt pd ?s
    Posted: 25 May 2016 at 8:26am
We brought this old girl home from Strawberry Point Iowa yesterday.it's a 72 got to be one of the last ones made. Has a combine motor and pump seems to run very well, little algae in the system and we are getting that taken care of. My question is after sitting for about 3yrs it seems like the high side of the PowerDirector is slipping, the low side will kill the tractor. I will put a gauge on it today and see what kind of pressure is on the high side but I was told there is an O-ring on the outside of the torque tube in the small housing that may be leaking fluid by? Can someone shed some more light on this for me? thank you.

Edited by AaronH - 25 May 2016 at 8:28am
Sponsored Links

CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 8:33am
check the plunger on the pd valve for full travel before you take it off to check anything else.  wear in linkage can cause valve not to fully open and have less pressure to clutch pack
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 6:09pm
If your gauge fluctuates, bounces around , it's Prolly oil going by an O ring, and I'd say it's internal,,,, the ones on the valve don't do much, but inside is usually the problem
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 9:49pm
Look at all the linkage, a lot of ware places. Pins at valve, bearing and bushing on cross shaft, along with shaft , and gate at top. Just enough travel to engage clutches when new but a little ware goes a long way.    MACK
AaronH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 2:20pm
A little update on this post the pressure on the low side of the PowerDirector is about 330 to 340 PSI the pressure on the high side is about 230 to 240 PSI and that's after I adjusted the linkage and checked for wear
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 5:02am
Too much on the LOW side and too low on the HIGH side; they are a booger to adjust perfectly, a visegrip on the plunger helps to move the plunger so it can be moved slwly to see whats going on , if they were both low id say shim it, they need to be around 275-300 each side 
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 7:05am
Disconnect the vertical link rod underneath the platform and clamp a vice grips on the lever or shaft and fully stroke the valve 100% and see what your pressures are. If high side is still low when the plunger is fully extended, you have a leak somewhere inside or under the valve. Don't clamp a vise grips on the spool.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 7:08am
Yup that's were I got the visegrip advise, from Dr Allis, it works!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic