This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

190 brakes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 190 brakes
    Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 8:19am
Any body now where you can get the disc brake rotors or what crosses to match to set up disc for pulling mine are the old style like a d19 just need the disc   as always thanks
You can wash the dirt off the body but you can’t wash the farmer out of the heart and soul
Sponsored Links

bradley6874 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 9:38pm
Any help
You can wash the dirt off the body but you can’t wash the farmer out of the heart and soul
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 10:19pm
We still pull 190's and 180's (faster than road gear) with 1200 HP and standard AC brakes.
O.P.S. Heads View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 7:37pm
I agree. Putting disk brakes on a 190 would be a long way down the list of things to improve if it was used for a puller in my opinion. I don't know how fast you want to go, but the OEM brake systems will work just fine up to a good rate of speed if it is adjusted and lubricated correctly.

If you were to make disks you could have someone water jet the whole thing out of 1/4 plate steel, internal splines and all or have someone make a donut and machine the splines out of a 200 or 7000 disk that was worn out and weld them into the donut (I think the splines are the same on the bull pinion?). Everything would have to run true of course. The next thing is, what diameter should the disk be for enough braking power, but not too much. Then, where and how do the calipers attach.

There is a way to do anything if you want to spend the time and $$$.

Good luck.
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 9:47pm
I used VW rabbit roters and callipers. Cut brake housing down to the wear surface.  MACK
bradley6874 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 5:42am
Thanks mack when i got the tractor all the brakes had been robed off the tractor including pedals so i figured set up discs would be cheeper then finding all the parts again thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic