This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

170 gas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KurtDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 170 gas
    Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 7:34pm
Does a 170 gas have cylindrers that are replaceable? Also how do you remove the enginefrom the frame? the front motor mount completly encircles the power steering assembly. Do I have to split the tractor at the bell housing?
Sponsored Links

Dans 7080 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dans 7080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 1:57am
A 170 has the same engine as the D17. When i rebuilt mine, yes the sleeves are replaceable, and the bracket came out with the engine. After the engine was out the front pully came off then the front motor mount will un bolt. I slpit mine at the bell housing first and rolled it forward then took the engine out of the frame.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic