This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

160 allis diesel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skip, W.Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 160 allis diesel
    Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 9:16pm
Hauled in a 160 diesel today with a bad engine oil leak. Customer said he thought it was rear crank seal. Oil everywhere , even a mess on the trailer deck. After a good power wash and put her in the shop found oil gushing from weep hole in the rear camshaft three bolt cast cover where tach drive threads on. Pulled it apart and found oil seal inside that seals on tach drive shaft had come out of the casting. Seal numbers are worn off due to it spinning in there for however long. Would any one happen to know the part number of that seal ? I will call Sandy Lake tomorrow to see if Brenda has one . Would be good to have the part number for them . Will make the gasket if it is not available. Nice little 160 and I did not even know it was in the neighborhood ! Thank You .
Sponsored Links

TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 9:20pm
It’s a Perkins engine..
Skip, W.Pa View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skip, W.Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 9:25pm
Yes it is the three cylinder Perkins. 
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 9:40pm
If Sandy does not know the seal... take it to a GOOD NAPA or BEARING store and they will MIKE it and look it up by dimensions.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 10:15pm
After my complete engine rebuild last year I’m getting 75 psi of oil pressure so I can see why my engine rebuilder replaced it. So I can understand why your pumping so much oil out. Hope your able to get a seal and get it resolved. Great little engine and a really handy tractor. I’m sorry I do not have a part number for you.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 10:31pm
seal #14, from AGCO online parts book

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 10:36pm
for reference...........

Skip, W.Pa View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skip, W.Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 7:10am
Thank You Steve for the breakdown. Will be calling S.L. Implement with the part numbers when they open this morning . I also stumbled across  on line that Ag Kits has the seal listed . Thru research on line and you guys help there is options to get these parts pretty quick. Sandy Lake is 55 miles north I usually have Brenda ship if they have parts.
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 9:40pm
If SLI can't get it (although I am sure they can), get in touch with a Perkins dealer.  When I restored my 175 some years back, AGCO couldn't get the correct timing cover gasket, I had to go to Perkins with the engine model and serial number to get the correct one.
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic