This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

$1000 crank.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $1000 crank.....
    Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 10:11pm
I had a guy wanting a crankshaft for a D19D...I had a D17D crank with the same number that I offered his mechanic for $125 (may need to be ground).  His mechanic called me back and said the local dealer had already found  one for him for $1000 and he felt obligated to take it, and said I might want to price mine a little higher......I wonder if he cleared it with the owner of the tractor??? Seems aweful high for a crank??
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Sponsored Links

Jeff Z. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff  Z.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 10:17pm
Let him know I have some $500.00 pistons.
Adam Stratton View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010 at 7:46am
I just had a 7045 rebuilt.  $1000 crank, and the camshaft was almost that high.  Its a whole lot nicer to be selling instead of buying at 1K a pop.
SteveMaskey(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveMaskey(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010 at 8:00am
That is high for this part of the country as the gas cranks are the same as diesel. Lots of combines had the 262 gas motor.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010 at 8:23am
Most ac dealers want half the price of a new part for the used parts they own.  thats why i like dealing with junkyards
redline View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2010 at 3:53pm
I think all the salvage yards around here charge at least half price for parts. They all know how to charge.
If it weren't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done!
Dans 7080 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dans 7080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2010 at 3:58pm
I had to put a new crank in my 7080 last year. A new one was $3400!!!!! Luckily i was able to find a 10-10 for $1100. Still not a cheap overhaul tho.
redline View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2010 at 5:04pm
I heard a few years ago that it was recommended on AC cranks to shot peen them after grinding in order to harden or relieve stress or something. Were they pulling my leg, or was that actually the right thing to do? I bought a new crank for my 7050 a few years ago, it was high then, around $1800.00, and they gave me a fair deal off of list I think. The 7080 crank would be higher just because of the internal balance weights and stuff I suppose.
If it weren't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic