This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just for fun: WD45 vs. D15 II, Who wins?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
powertech84 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powertech84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 12:28pm
i also have one of each and they seem pretty equal although i would probly give the edge to the wd45. My wd has fluid and the d15 doesn't and it seems to be the difference in pulling full loads of hay up the barn hill
Sponsored Links

Jacob (WI,ND) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob (WI,ND) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 12:22pm
Hi all,

Thought I'd start a fun discussion that Dad and I were talking about over Christmas.  

So, say you had a WD45 and a D15 II hooked hitch to hitch in a friendly barnyard competition, who wins?

We got to talking this when Dad realized that his D15 II had a smaller engine than my WD45.  So I looked up the drawbar horsepowers and they are basically the same.  So we got to wondering.  

Lets assume both are stock (no supped up engines or anything), and running good. 
Both wide front.
Both have fluid in the rear tires, but no other added weights.  So both are approximately the same weight.

Hook them up and what is the outcome?
Is rear tire size a factor?  
How do the tranny gears compare?
Hitch heights?
Just come down to operators?

What say you????
Jacob Swanson
1920 6-12; 1925,1926 20-35 longfenders; 1925,1926 15-25's; 1927,1929 20-35 shortfenders; C; B's; IB; WC's; WD; WD45
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic