This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WC Rear axle seals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vdub73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WC Rear axle seals
    Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 1:57pm
Hi All, i have recently got my hands on a WC to go with the B i have. it sat up for a while so all the seals in the rear axle were leaking. i have the large hub seals ordered but im looking for the inner and outer axle seals. inner is approx 4.25in OD and the outer is approx 3.2in OD. im having trouble finding the inner seal - any thoughts? thanks
Sponsored Links

Vdub73 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vdub73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 1:59pm
Vdub73 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vdub73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 2:00pm
EPALLIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPALLIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 4:46pm
Nice looking WC you have there. Thanks for taking the time to share the pic.  Curious to what that accessory is that is bolted to the front of the frame?  At any rate back to your question, I always try to support my local AGCO dealer first when it comes to sourcing parts.  To me this is always a great first step because you can readily find out the part availability and the price you might have to pay and how long you might have to wait to receive it.  Sometimes, the part is not available which can happen, or your local AGCO dealer might have a price tag higher than a cats back that you are willing to pay.   In that event, I start secondary sourcing that supports the site here.  I have had really good luck with:  ALLIS CHALMERS WC PARTS - AC WC RESTORATION TRACTOR PARTS (djstractorparts.com)

I'm sure there are other forum members that would respond to your question, much differently than I have.   To date both of these sources have always come thru for me and not let me down.   There are many other resources as well, however, I'd like to think on a styled Model WC, either one of these could get you what you need.  Good luck and enjoy your WC!
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 6:55pm
I had a bunch of them in my NOS parts. I haven't gone through them for awhile to see exactly what I have left. I'll have time to look after the first of the week. Shipping them to you in Ireland may be a problem, I know every time I've ever sent anything to Canada it always turned into more trouble that the parts were worth.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Grant Forsythe View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Forsythe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 8:00pm
I just bought these. I had no luck installing the seals everyone else sells, they are too thin. These seals are reinforced like original. Wc requires 4 per tractor.
The Unstyled Collector
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 9:35pm
What’s the part number
Vdub73 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vdub73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 2:27pm
Thanks for the info. i got parts already form DJS but they dont have the larger inner seal. i rang them during the week on it. Not sure if i have an oddball axle. my inner and outer seals are not the samre size. thanks!
Vdub73 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vdub73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 2:29pm
thanks for the reply Grant. i ordered 4 of those size seals but the seal on the inside of my axle are a lot larger which doesnt seem to match anything ive seen so far. 
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 6:44pm
What’s your serial number of tractor
Pfouts Family Farm View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pfouts Family Farm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 11:24pm
The large diameter inner seal is discontinued by all (or atleast all that I have checked, which is a lot) manufacturers and has been for years.  A-C had a kit which came with an adapter ring and smaller diameter seal.  This kit was made into the AGCO years, and has been discontinued.  If you can find them, last i knew most dealers wanted about $120.00 each for the kits and thats only one side.  I know that I had the local dealer check this part on locator thru agco dealer stocks and it is almost near impossible to find.  If you have a lathe or know someone who does, you need to make a steel or brass adapter ring that will press fit (tap in with a bearing or seal driver or carefully with a hammer and punch) into the axle housing and an inner diameter of a seal that is obtainable that will fit the shaft - the 450094 in the picture above would work, which would probably be the same as what you ordered and received if all 4 seals are the same size.
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 6:50am
isn’t that the Allis adapter in his third post picture?
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 7:44am
Mark do you have part numbers handy of adapter and original seal
Pfouts Family Farm View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pfouts Family Farm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 10:30pm
Joe - Now that you mention it, I think it might be.  It threw me off a little because it looks smaller than the original type seal, but could just be an illusion.

Mike 207708 was the original number.  This was for s/n WC67328 and up.  72511216 is the Agco number for the kit with the ring.
Vdub73 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vdub73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 7:38am
Thanks all for the support. I’ll bring the seals round to a local machine shop and see if they can whip up a pair or ring adapters. Thanks!
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 2:36pm
Of the large OD NOS WC axle seals I had, I've kept 2 back for the RC that I have. I've sold all the rest. I don't know if my RC will need the large OD seals or the small OD seals. If I don't get to resealing the RC rear end all the parts I've saved for it go with the tractor when it sells. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic