This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do with your Allis Today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2024 at 7:08am
Your furrow is really straight! Must be doing something right. A lot of plows sitting out here, I run a wire brush on a 4" grinder over them then a flap wheel. That speeds the scouring. Anything that gets that much elbow grease I try really hard to keep inside after that!

Made it over to the neighbors with the WD and Drill. He had a bit more to do than I expected! Went through 4 bags of oats and 2 bags of grass. His son was flagging where I seeded and having a hard time keeping up!
Sponsored Links

IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 7:03am
Saturday, 4-27 I took the NF 45 on a tractor ride out of Liberty Center Ia. First time that girl has gotten picked. It was the easiest one on short notice. Preformed admirably! Have I ever mentioned to you guys how much I love that tractor?

There were only 10 riders. One other Allis, a nicely restored D-19 gas. Two Fords, four Farmalls, a Minnie, and one lone deere.

Beautiful country down in Lucas Co. WE drove several miles of 'Minimum maintenance', aka, dirt roads that were marginally dry.

At any rate it was a fun day!
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 6:54pm
Gave the 3pts a workout today on the 170 and 7040 moving things around. We want to expand the garden a bit and these were in the way

Had to brake steer the big one
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 7:13am
I've moved four row heads like that but never a six. Hauled one of those heads about 7 miles to the junkyard.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 7:36am
There are 2 here. One has some pieces missing. This is complete but I wonder if anyone is interested in them.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 6:25am
Saturday, 5-4, changed starters in the NF 45. Old one shot craps the Sunday before. Changed it then to one that was 'on the shelf'. Had another one that was on the shelf too that was dead. Out of curiosity I called Ankeny auto electric to see how much longer they were going to be open. Today and one more was the answer, rats! He asked what I needed? Explained the situation, bring them up, we'll get them done.

That changed the course of my day but I happily hauled two starters and an alternator there. Alternator checked good and we talked about the 6-12 volt thing. They set both up for 12 volts. Thought I might as well put a correct one in the tractor, they were taking up space on the bench I needed to do some brake work on a Farmall, easy way to make space! The other will go in the WF 45 as soon as it gets close to the shop.

I just started using this shop a couple months ago, really sucks they are retiring. They sold to some younger guys that are moving it to Slater. That will add about 40 miles to the journey. Probably give them a try sometime in the future. 

The old hindsight thing. Had I found out about these guys a year earlier, they would have gone through every starter and alternator I own!
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 19 minutes ago at 7:04pm
Took the wd45 out with the 2 bottom disk plow i got from farmer zzz . Plow seemed to work pretty well, need to adjust one of the scrapers. Tractor struggled with traction which surprised me. Both rear tires are brand new and loaded with beet juice. Guess i am going to add some weight to the land wheel
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 40 minutes ago at 7:43pm
My accountant and I have been clearing an area for a larger garden and we've been dismantling an old mobile home on the property. The 170 moved some small items such as an All Crop drill and a sprayer. After that we hooked up a new to us 190XT to brush mow the area

The 200 was called in to pull some small trees and relocate the MH frame to another spot for cutting up.

190XT back in action with the spring tooth harrow to work over the sweet corn patch. The 170 will pull the JD 494 we got from 200Tom tomorrow hopefully
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
  Share Topic