This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B Engine Cylinder Head Performance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ryan59 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2016 at 5:09pm
" border="">
Sponsored Links

Ryan59 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2016 at 5:07pm
" border="">
Ryan59 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2016 at 5:02pm
Hello gentlemen, ladies. First I would like to say that I am not pulling with my tractor, but I would like to share and ask questions about performance concerning just the model B (125ci) engine.

I removed the cylinder head off my engine, removed the valves and guides, pressure washed it and inspected it. There was substantial corrosion in the runners and valve pockets. I spent roughly six hours shaping and blending the runners and pocket areas to both remove the damage and smooth-blend below the valve seats and reduce the radii of the split intake "Y". Before doing a final smoothing/blending I took the head in to have .150 skimmed off the surface.

Looking at the factory rocker arm assy I can see room for improvement. First I measured a stock rocker to get an idea of the ratio. Center of shaft to center of valve stem 1.95 and center of shaft to center of pushrod 1.30. Divide 1.95 by 1.30 equals 1.5 ratio. This was just an "eyeball" measurement but it's what I am going to go by. " border="">
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic