![]() |
This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity. | |||||
| The Forum | Parts and Services | Unofficial Allis Store | Tractor Shows | Serial Numbers | History | |
Allis b speed |
Post Reply
|
| Author | |
john2189
Silver Level
Joined: 11 Sep 2009 Location: Minerva,Ohio Points: 440 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Topic: Allis b speedPosted: 3 hours 39 minutes ago at 6:47am |
|
My B has 11.2 on the back. Mowing with a woods 59. I mow using 1st gear. It’s a bit slow and 2nd is too fast for my rough yard. If I were to put 9.5s on,(which I have on a parts farmall cub)would that slow down 2nd gear? And if so how much?
I would hate to do all the trouble of changing them if it wouldn’t make that much difference. If I slow the engine down, then the pto slows down too Edited by john2189 - 3 hours 34 minutes ago at 6:52am |
|
|
'41 Allis B
'49 Farmall Cub |
|
![]() |
|
| Sponsored Links | |
![]() |
|
PaulB
Orange Level
Joined: 12 Sep 2009 Location: Rocky Ridge Md Points: 5448 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 3 hours 30 minutes ago at 6:56am |
|
You won't see a noticeable difference. The CA has a good 2nd gear speed for mowing. Or you could get wider rims and find 14.9X24 tires to speed up low gear.
|
|
|
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
Real pullers don't have speed limits. If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY |
|
![]() |
|
john2189
Silver Level
Joined: 11 Sep 2009 Location: Minerva,Ohio Points: 440 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 3 hours 18 minutes ago at 7:08am |
|
Ok thanks.
Thought I would ask before I did the work to find it didn’t help |
|
|
'41 Allis B
'49 Farmall Cub |
|
![]() |
|
dfwallis
Orange Level
Joined: 09 Mar 2023 Location: Texas / Indiana Points: 1046 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 54 minutes ago at 9:32am |
|
I typically mow with my CA in 2nd with a 6 foot 3-point finish mower. I seldom exceed half throttle. My brother says it cuts better than his zero turn. It usually looks pretty good (mostly rough hay fields). It does well also even if the grass is too tall. Just keep the blades good and sharp. Three+ foot tall grass (foxtails and johnson grass mixed with ragweed and other crap) seems to be no problem. The base grass is orchard grass and some fescue.
Edited by dfwallis - 51 minutes ago at 9:35am |
|
|
1952 CA13092, CA Pickup Plow, CA Cultivator, CA Two Row Planter, Dunham-Lehr GC78 Disc, Grader Blade, 3pt Fm180 Finish Mower
|
|
![]() |
|
Post Reply
|
|
|
Tweet
|
| Forum Jump | Forum Permissions ![]() You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum |