This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  New Posts New Posts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


CA hydraulic cylinder connection

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level


Joined: 09 Mar 2023
Location: Texas / Indiana
Points: 1050
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CA hydraulic cylinder connection
    Posted: 30 May 2026 at 9:02am
Can the ca hydraulic cylinders be attached to the hole inside the lift arm rather than the protruding tangs, to restrict the range of motion? Normally, it has about a 26 inch range of motion. I don't want to tilt the pto shaft that much. This inner attachment point gives almost the perfect range of motion. Of course it's a bit difficult to get a pin in there, but I'm sure I can figure it out.

Edited by dfwallis - 30 May 2026 at 9:31am
1952 CA13092, CA Pickup Plow, CA Cultivator, CA Two Row Planter, Dunham-Lehr GC78 Disc, Grader Blade, 3pt Fm180 Finish Mower
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level


Joined: 09 Mar 2023
Location: Texas / Indiana
Points: 1050
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2026 at 9:31am
Looks like there's a little less than .0015 clearance with the rockshaft at full extension...some weld spatter and thick paint...I think I can clean that up to maintain acceptable clearance.

I don't want to use this connection point unless I can guarantee acceptable clearance.  I think I can grind/dremel it to be certain.  I don't want to scratch the cylinder.  Right now, it looks to be almost exactly in contact with the rockshaft at full extension (.0015 was the thinnest gap test I had). 

I can find no reference in the documentation to use of this connection point (I do show a picture of a dotted line to a pin insertion there, but not clearly related to anything else).  

Obviously there is a hole there for a reason.  But it is too close to the fender/rockshaft mount to get a normal pin in without catching on the mount.  It doesn't appear possible to insert a pin from the outside (that's long enough) due to the mount being in the way.  You can insert a pin from the inside (PTO shaft side), but there's only about 1/4" clearance with the mount, barely enough to cleanly put a clip through the end of the pin.  I can probably cut one of those multi-hole pins off at just the right length and grind it to minimum.  I'll have to guarantee no slop in the pin movement.


Edited by dfwallis - 31 May 2026 at 1:25pm
1952 CA13092, CA Pickup Plow, CA Cultivator, CA Two Row Planter, Dunham-Lehr GC78 Disc, Grader Blade, 3pt Fm180 Finish Mower
Back to Top
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level


Joined: 09 Mar 2023
Location: Texas / Indiana
Points: 1050
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2026 at 6:54pm
"The hole"...looks almost perfectly positioned for my desired usage (if I can successfully clear the rockshaft).

1952 CA13092, CA Pickup Plow, CA Cultivator, CA Two Row Planter, Dunham-Lehr GC78 Disc, Grader Blade, 3pt Fm180 Finish Mower
Back to Top
im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level


Joined: 12 Jun 2017
Location: Garrison ND
Points: 1162
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2026 at 7:08pm
That hole is the cyl storage position when using pin hitch draw bar
Back to Top
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level


Joined: 09 Mar 2023
Location: Texas / Indiana
Points: 1050
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2026 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by im4racin im4racin wrote:

That hole is the cyl storage position when using pin hitch draw bar

Ah, yes.  Makes perfect sense.  I should have known that.  Still, I need a solution to limit the operational range.  I've manually operated it in that position and it seems like it will work ok if I can guarantee clearance with the rockshaft when fully extended.
1952 CA13092, CA Pickup Plow, CA Cultivator, CA Two Row Planter, Dunham-Lehr GC78 Disc, Grader Blade, 3pt Fm180 Finish Mower
Back to Top
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level


Joined: 09 Mar 2023
Location: Texas / Indiana
Points: 1050
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2026 at 6:54pm
That will be too limiting so I guess I'll try to come up with a more flexible range restraint system.  Probably chains or fixed length bars tailored to each implement (or multiple holes for linch pins).  It needs to control both downward and upward range for PTO attached implements.  Downward I can control with the leveling arms (although the existing arms only provide 4.5 inches of adjustment...but I could replace those with more flexible leveling arms with greater range of adjustment).  Legacy implements appear to have relied mostly on chains.
1952 CA13092, CA Pickup Plow, CA Cultivator, CA Two Row Planter, Dunham-Lehr GC78 Disc, Grader Blade, 3pt Fm180 Finish Mower
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.057 seconds.


Help Support the
Unofficial Allis Forum